Undefined function 'table' for input arguments of type 'double'.

In summary, the user is trying to use the table function in MATLAB R2012a, but it is not available in that version. They will need to upgrade to a newer version of MATLAB to use tables.
Waxterzz
Hi!

Using Matlab R2012a:

typing this example to create a table:

t = [0 .3 .8 1.1 1.6 2.3]';
y = [.82 .72 .63 .60 .55 .50]';
B = table(t,y)

Getting this error:Undefined function 'table' for input arguments of type 'double'.

Don't know what to do..

Edit:

another example:

>> Age = [38;43;38;40;49];
Height = [71;69;64;67;64];
Weight = [176;163;131;133;119];
BloodPressure = [124 93; 109 77; 125 83; 117 75; 122 80];
>> T = table(Age,Height,Weight,BloodPressure)
Undefined function 'table' for input arguments of type 'double'.

Edit2: If I convert to single:
Undefined function 'table' for input arguments of type 'single'.

-_-

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
A simple problem with a simple solution. Tables are in R2013b+, so you can't use them in R2012a. You'll have to get a newer version of MATLAB to use them (you can get a student version for just $50).

1. What does the error "Undefined function 'table' for input arguments of type 'double'" mean?

This error means that the function "table" is not recognized by the computer as a valid function. It also indicates that the input arguments provided to the function are of type "double", which is not compatible with the function.

2. Why am I getting this error when I try to use the "table" function?

The most common reason for getting this error is that the function "table" is not included in the current workspace or it has not been defined in the code. Make sure to check if the function is properly imported and defined before using it.

3. How can I fix the error "Undefined function 'table' for input arguments of type 'double'"?

To fix this error, you can try importing the "table" function from the appropriate library or defining it in your code. You can also make sure that the input arguments provided to the function are of the correct data type.

4. Is the "table" function only compatible with numeric data?

No, the "table" function can work with both numeric and non-numeric data. However, the input arguments provided to the function must be of the correct data type, which can vary depending on the function's purpose.

5. How can I learn more about the "table" function and its usage?

You can refer to the function's documentation or user guide for more information on its usage and parameters. You can also search for tutorials or examples online to better understand how the function works and how to use it in your code.