Online or Offline? Mystery of Posts Showing Wrong Status

• Thread starter AKG
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of users appearing as offline or having incorrect post counts on an online platform. It is suggested that this may be due to cache problems or a post recount that recalculates post counts.
AKG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
A lot of the time, I am online but I'll see posts that I have just made and they will say that I'm offline. I happened to make three separate posts in a row in a thread just now, and the first and third posts show me as offline, the second shows me as online. Weird.

Attachments

• onoff.JPG
    onoff.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 392
Physics news on Phys.org
Weird. I've also seen people online, but the next day their profile shows they haven't been online for days.

Another member's post count dropped by around 300 posts.

Evo said:
Weird. I've also seen people online, but the next day their profile shows they haven't been online for days.

Another member's post count dropped by around 300 posts.

Could be some cache problems. The post count drop could have been because I did a post recount that recalculates some members post count numbers.

1. Why are some of my online posts showing up as offline?

There could be several reasons for this issue. One possibility is that your internet connection is weak or unstable, causing your posts to not fully register as online. Another possibility is that there may be a glitch in the platform or app you are using, causing incorrect status updates. Lastly, it is possible that your posts are being flagged as spam or violating community guidelines, leading to them being hidden from view.

2. How can I fix the issue of my posts showing the wrong status?

If the issue is due to a weak internet connection, try moving to a location with a stronger signal or connecting to a different network. If it is a glitch in the platform or app, try logging out and back in, clearing your cache and cookies, or reinstalling the app. If your posts are being flagged, make sure to review the platform's guidelines and adjust your posts accordingly.

3. Is there a way to prevent my posts from showing the wrong status?

To avoid this issue, make sure you have a stable internet connection and keep your app and device updated. It is also important to follow the community guidelines and avoid posting content that may be flagged as spam.

4. Are there any known technical issues that could cause incorrect status updates?

Yes, there have been reported technical issues with some social media platforms and apps that have caused incorrect status updates. It is always a good idea to check for any known technical issues or outages on the platform's website or social media pages.

5. Can I contact the platform or app's support team for help with this issue?

Yes, if you have tried troubleshooting on your own and the issue persists, it is recommended to reach out to the platform's or app's support team for assistance. They may be able to provide more specific troubleshooting steps or identify any technical issues on their end.