Automatic Charger Circuit for 12V 10A Battery

In summary, a circuit is needed to charge a 12V 10A battery to reach a voltage A and stop charging until it reaches a voltage B, using thyristors. The attempt at a solution involves using a voltage comparator with a voltage divider to control the charging process, but the original poster is unable to use op-amps and is looking for alternative ideas using only thyristor diodes and resistors.
zouzanda

Homework Statement

i need to build a circuit which can charge a 12V 10 A battery to reach a votltage A and then stops charging until it reaches a voltage B it will rechrge again . i want to do this using thyristor

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

i found a circuit for a 12 v 4A it will reach A but i donno how to control B

Attachments

• charger2-1.jpg
    charger2-1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 415
Physics news on Phys.org
no sir it won't work cz 1st i ne the two voltagers not to be A and -A i need them to be A and B second i need to do that using thyristor

With a voltage divider, you can get A and B to be any posivite value you want between the positive and negative terminals of your battery. Then use these values as inputs to a couple of op-amps used as comparators. You should then be able use the comparator outputs to find a way to switch your charger on/off while using thyristors.

well it is a good idea but i canot use op amps sorry for wasting ur time any other ideas . i just can use thyristor diodes and resistors

1. How does an automatic charger circuit work?

An automatic charger circuit for a 12V 10A battery works by monitoring the battery's voltage and current levels. When the battery is low, the circuit will supply a high current to charge it quickly. As the battery reaches its full charge, the circuit will decrease the current to prevent overcharging, ensuring the battery's longevity.

2. Can I use an automatic charger circuit for different battery types?

Yes, as long as the voltage and current ratings of the battery are within the specifications of the charger circuit, it can be used for different types of batteries. However, it is always best to consult the manufacturer's instructions for the specific battery type to ensure proper charging.

3. Is it safe to leave the battery connected to the automatic charger circuit for an extended period of time?

Yes, it is safe to leave the battery connected to the automatic charger circuit for an extended period. The circuit is designed to automatically stop charging once the battery is fully charged, preventing overcharging and any potential safety hazards.

4. How long does it take for the automatic charger circuit to fully charge a battery?

The time it takes for the automatic charger circuit to fully charge a battery depends on the battery's capacity and the current rating of the circuit. Generally, it can take several hours to fully charge a 12V 10A battery.

5. Can I use the battery while it is being charged by the automatic charger circuit?

No, it is not recommended to use the battery while it is being charged by the automatic charger circuit. It is best to disconnect the battery from any devices and let it charge fully before use to ensure proper charging and prevent any potential safety hazards.