What's Happening at the Human Services Department This Weekend?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, several mentors and staff members of the forum will be unavailable this weekend due to an impromptu get-together that requires travel. They will still have internet connection and will try to address any issues or PMs when they can. The forum will still be monitored and an update with more details may be provided in the future.
If I wasn't embarassed and in pain, this would be funny. I predict both the code and the superficial burn will be much better tomorrow. G'night folks.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm so glad I didn't get burned. I just came home and I think I'm going to jump in my bed and get some sleep.

Glad every one is home safe and sound. Now we'll be expecting some details.

hypatia said:
Glad every one is home safe and sound. Now we'll be expecting some details.

I should be able to dish out some details and photos in a couple days.

Greg Bernhardt said:
I should be able to dish out some details and photos in a couple days.

Um, could you please post them in the Mentor forums first?

berkeman said:

:rofl:

I can see it now:

*scrolling through pictures*

Good heavens, look at that gigantic lobster down there on the beac... Oh, never mind, it's Berkeman.

berkeman said:

Wow! Had that much fun did ya? :rofl:

Lacy33 said:
Wow! Had that much fun did ya? :rofl:

some more than others, hence the reason we need to discuss which photos to release lol... evo... :tongue:

It sounds more and more intriguing... Is there somewhere a queue for a wannabe mentors? Or a list to put my name on? Preferably sorted alphabetically? You know, Europen time zone and Other Sciences look undermanned :wink:

Greg Bernhardt said:
some more than others, hence the reason we need to discuss which photos to release lol... evo... :tongue:
Yeah, *THAT* picture is definitely not going on the forum. :redface:

Evo said:
Now you know we are all going to be guessing. I've got a good idea what it would look like though. :wink:

You guys are forgetting that *I* also took a lot of pictures of the ... er ... event.

I accept personal checks, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.

:)

Zz.

Evo said:

Thank you for the PM!:biggrin:

ZapperZ said:
You guys are forgetting that *I* also took a lot of pictures of the ... er ... event.

I accept personal checks, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.

:)

Zz.

re: ... er ... event

One set of prints and a CD please.
Visa

I thought Zz waited for offers that will block sending pictures ;)

Zz, do you accept PayPal?

Borek said:
I thought Zz waited for offers that will block sending pictures ;)

Zz, do you accept PayPal?

That's not how I read the PF Sale Flier. I am using my PF coupon for 3.00 off.
I dunno, I suppose I will find out.:confused:

Hey, whatever Zz is charging, I'll sweeten the deal, buy 4, get one free. I wasn't using my cell phone for talking, if you catch my drift. I even have a few seconds of video of Zz and Moonbear dancing on my tiny digital camera! :devil: Heh, I should see how much the other mentors DON'T want those pictures released first.

Evo said:
Hey, whatever Zz is charging, I'll sweeten the deal, buy 4, get one free. I wasn't using my cell phone for talking, if you catch my drift. I even have a few seconds of video of Zz and Moonbear dancing on my tiny digital camera! :devil: Heh, I should see how much the other mentors DON'T want those pictures released first.

Well this does make things more interesting.
Now already in the possession of zz's collection and owe nothing to mentors by way of loyalty, I am free to discuss business.
If zz claims he did not sell me his collection then it could be that he is completely unaware as I put through the transaction under Minnie Mouse. :devil:

Last edited:
Lacy33 said:
Well this does make things more interesting.
Now already in the possession of zz's collection and owe nothing to mentors by way of loyalty, I am free to discuss business.
If zz claims he did not sell me his collection then it could be that he is completely unaware as I put through the transaction under Minnie Mouse. :devil:
LOL Minnie..er..Lacy. :biggrin:

So Greg got married to MIH last weekend?

I didn't even know you were dating.

Congrats. :smile:

OmCheeto said:

:eek:

Where did you get that from, OmCheeto?

Which, okay, now that I think about it, Moonbear, I know the picture was shot from far away, but was that a photo of a wedding on your Facebook page that I saw? You just posted that picture recently, right?

OmCheeto said:

Darned cradle-robber! MIH is just a baby. :biggrin:

He's just angling to be the first brother-in-law to the first female pope.

We've been kinda keeping it on the down low because we weren't sure how people here would feel about it. I didn't even tell Evo we were dating for a long time. And then it got messy with the wedding trip and the invitations, and a few people have even been hurt because we didn't invite them. We were trying to avoid that as much as possible.

But, you know what - it was all worth it, and I am the happiest woman in the world. Greg has given the thing I wanted most in life. All I want is for him to be as happy as I am, and I will dedicate my life to that.

All I can say MIH is that you were just glowing. :smile:

Math Is Hard said:
But, you know what - it was all worth it, and I am the happiest woman in the world. Greg has given the thing I wanted most in life. All I want is for him to be as happy as I am, and I will dedicate my life to that.
Sounds like what something a recent academy award winner might have said. Please, no!

Math Is Hard said:
We've been kinda keeping it on the down low because we weren't sure how people here would feel about it. I didn't even tell Evo we were dating for a long time. And then it got messy with the wedding trip and the invitations, and a few people have even been hurt because we didn't invite them. We were trying to avoid that as much as possible.

Ah, this must be the big announcement Greg mentioned - congrats :biggrin:!

Math Is Hard said:

Congrats! I wish you all the happiness in the world.

We're still allowed to be shocked, right?

MIH got a sushi shooter too?

I was hoping time and brain cycles would make this plain but it has not.

Was does the word "light" mean in the subject line?

DaveC426913 said:
I was hoping time and brain cycles would make this plain but it has not.

Was does the word "light" mean in the subject line?

Light, meaning that all of the Mentors who could join the celebration did so, leaving a few of us not lucky enough to be able to break away to hold down the fort.

I am not in the least jealous, also I am not hung over, nor sunburned, nor washing sand out of places it has no business being!

MIH and Greg--Congratulations! Hope you have many happy years at PF...

Evo said:
All I can say MIH is that you were just glowing. :smile:

No, that was me. :tongue2:

Seriously, MIH and Greg, congrats. Just wish I remembered more of the reception.

GeorginaS said:
:eek:

Where did you get that from, OmCheeto?

Which, okay, now that I think about it, Moonbear, I know the picture was shot from far away, but was that a photo of a wedding on your Facebook page that I saw? You just posted that picture recently, right?

Wow, you must have caught that just as I was posting it. I changed the privacy settings right away since Greg and MIH didn't want to make it a big public announcement. I'm glad that MIH has finally spoken up! Yeah, I have one that was taken at a distance to try to get some of the scenery in it.

And, finally, officially...congrats to MIH and Greg!

Integral said:
Light, meaning that all of the Mentors who could join the celebration did so, leaving a few of us not lucky enough to be able to break away to hold down the fort.
Nope. Still not getting it. What is the noun? And are staff and light adjectives?

i.e. "Staff Gathering -lite"?

Ok, how about this, Light = short handed.

<h2>1. What events are happening at the Human Services Department this weekend?</h2><p>There are several events happening at the Human Services Department this weekend, including a community health fair, a volunteer training session, and a fundraising gala. </p><h2>2. How can I get involved with the events at the Human Services Department?</h2><p>There are many ways to get involved with the events at the Human Services Department. You can attend as a participant, volunteer your time, or make a donation to support the cause. </p><h2>3. Are these events free to attend?</h2><p>Some of the events at the Human Services Department may have a registration fee or require a donation, but many are free to attend. Check the event details for more information. </p><h2>4. Is there parking available at the Human Services Department for these events?</h2><p>Yes, there is parking available at the Human Services Department for these events. However, we encourage carpooling or using public transportation whenever possible to reduce environmental impact. </p><h2>5. Can I bring my children to these events?</h2><p>Some events at the Human Services Department are family-friendly and welcome children, while others may be more suitable for adults only. Please check the event details for age restrictions or recommendations. </p>

1. What events are happening at the Human Services Department this weekend?

There are several events happening at the Human Services Department this weekend, including a community health fair, a volunteer training session, and a fundraising gala.

2. How can I get involved with the events at the Human Services Department?

There are many ways to get involved with the events at the Human Services Department. You can attend as a participant, volunteer your time, or make a donation to support the cause.

3. Are these events free to attend?

Some of the events at the Human Services Department may have a registration fee or require a donation, but many are free to attend. Check the event details for more information.

4. Is there parking available at the Human Services Department for these events?

Yes, there is parking available at the Human Services Department for these events. However, we encourage carpooling or using public transportation whenever possible to reduce environmental impact.

5. Can I bring my children to these events?

Some events at the Human Services Department are family-friendly and welcome children, while others may be more suitable for adults only. Please check the event details for age restrictions or recommendations.