For the tringle shown what are the :

• Thread starter r-soy
  • Start date
I cannot comment on that.In summary, the conversation discusses a triangle with a missing angle and two given ratios: c = a2 - b2 and tan Q = 2/7. It also mentions the Pythagorean theorem and the inverse tangent function. However, there are some inconsistencies with the given information and notation, making it difficult to fully understand the problem.
r-soy
For the tringle shown what are the :

my answer :

a )c = a2 - b2

81 - 49 = root 32

b ) tan Q = 2/7 = 0.28

C ) the angle sin = 9/7 = 1.28

Attachments

• 8888.JPG
    8888.JPG
    8.1 KB · Views: 344
Physics news on Phys.org
First of all, please be a bit more careful with the notation.
In "c = a2 - b2" I assume that the "2"s mean: square, which is not a priori clear form the context (you could use a^2 or a2 or [itex]a^2[/itex] instead). Then I suppose you want to use the Pythagorean theorem, which is not
c = a2 - b2
but
c2 = a2 - b2.

Also, 81 - 49 = 32, not root(32) = 5.65685... What I suppose you wanted to say is, c2 = 81 - 49 = 32, so c = root(32).

In the picture, you have two angles labeled Q. However, these angles are not equal (that would mean the triangle is isoscles, but having sides of three different lengths that is not the case). So which one do you mean?

Also, how do you get tan(Q) = 2 / 7? Even if you pick one of the angles Q, I don't see a side of length 2.

For c) I think you are supposed to invert the tangent function (if tan(Q) = a, then Q = arctan(a)).
"sin = 9/7" does not mean anything (the sine of what?)

1. What is the formula for finding the area of a triangle?

The formula for finding the area of a triangle is A = 1/2 * base * height. This means that you multiply the base of the triangle by its height and then divide that product by 2.

2. How do you determine the type of triangle based on its sides?

Based on the length of its sides, a triangle can be classified as equilateral, isosceles, or scalene. An equilateral triangle has three equal sides, an isosceles triangle has two equal sides, and a scalene triangle has no equal sides. To determine the type of triangle, you can measure the lengths of its sides with a ruler or use the Pythagorean theorem to compare the lengths.

3. Can you find the area of a triangle with only the length of its sides?

No, you cannot find the area of a triangle with only the length of its sides. You also need to know the height of the triangle or the length of one of its angles. Without this information, it is not possible to accurately calculate the area.

4. How many degrees are in a right triangle?

A right triangle has one angle that measures 90 degrees, also known as a right angle. The other two angles can vary in measure depending on the lengths of the sides, but they will always add up to 90 degrees.

5. Why is the area of a triangle always positive?

The area of a triangle is always positive because it is a measure of the amount of space enclosed by the triangle. It cannot have a negative value as it represents a physical quantity.