Can UF Requirements be pardoned?

• Thread starter Retic
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker is a dual enrollment student who will be starting college in the 11th grade. They plan to finish their AA degree and transfer to the University of Florida with a major in Physics. However, they have discovered that UF has transfer requirements of 7 classes, which also have prerequisite courses. The speaker will need to take 8 math classes, 2 physics classes, and 3 chemistry classes, as well as fulfill requirements for humanities, communications, biology, elective credit hours, and social science/history classes for their AA degree. They wonder if these requirements can be waived or if they should ask UF directly for more information.
Retic
I am a dual enrollment student starting college this fall. I will be going into the 11th grade. I was hoping to finish my AA and transfer to UF with a Physics Major. I looked at their transfer requirements and it's 7 classes. Unfortunately there's pre-reqs for those classes also. I am looking at 8 math classes, 2 physics, and three chemistry. For the AA degree I'd also need 3 humanities, 9 communications, 1 biological, 16 elective credit hours, and 2 sco sci/history classes.

Are all the requirements set in stone? Or can I get a pardon to finish them at UF?

Physics news on Phys.org
Ask UF. It's faster and more guaranteed.

1. Can UF requirements be pardoned if I have extenuating circumstances?

Yes, UF requirements can be pardoned in cases of extenuating circumstances. The University of Florida has a process for students to appeal for a pardon of their academic probation or dismissal due to extenuating circumstances, such as a medical emergency or family crisis. The student must provide documentation and follow the proper procedures for the appeal process.

2. Can a pardon for UF requirements be granted retroactively?

No, UF requirements cannot be pardoned retroactively. The appeal process must be initiated and completed during the semester in which the student is on academic probation or has been dismissed. It is important for students to address any issues that may affect their academic performance as soon as possible, rather than waiting until after grades have been posted.

3. Can international students appeal for a pardon of UF requirements?

Yes, international students can appeal for a pardon of UF requirements. The same process applies to all students, regardless of their citizenship or visa status. However, international students should also consult with their designated school official (DSO) or international student advisor to ensure that the appeal process does not affect their visa status.

4. Can a student on academic probation still apply for a pardon of UF requirements?

Yes, a student on academic probation can still apply for a pardon of UF requirements. In fact, it is recommended for students to initiate the appeal process while on academic probation, as it shows a proactive effort to improve academic standing. However, the student must still meet all the requirements and deadlines for the appeal process.

5. Will a pardon of UF requirements affect my financial aid?

It depends. A pardon of UF requirements may affect a student's financial aid if they are receiving need-based aid or scholarships that require them to maintain a certain GPA. It is important for students to consult with their financial aid advisor before applying for a pardon of UF requirements to understand any potential impacts on their financial aid package.