Design Project Help: Get Guidance for Your Final Year Project

In summary, the conversation revolves around a final year project involving a system that applies plastic hanging tabs to a product using a motor and actuator. The project also includes a motor and sensors to feed the tabs. The person is seeking guidance and help with the project, but no one has replied in four years.
JOSEPH W
Hello folks I am about to start on my final year project and I am not sure how to go about it ,, as in what I need to write about and what calculations I should do relative to my design, its bascailly a system that apply s plastic hanging tabs to a product ,basically it will be a motor that will be connected to a acuator that will go up and down when the motor is turned which will apply the tabs ,, the tabs will aslo be on a reel turned by another motor and sensors to allow it to feed and when not to feed the next tab, anyone any info on projects and were would I start, I have to build and design it and I am kinda lost , I will ask for help in college but just looking for some guidness here first ,, thanks in advance :smile:

Engineering news on Phys.org
And no one has replied in FOUR YEARS! :)) Sorry dude wish I could have helped but you probably already finnished

1. What is a design project?

A design project is a task or assignment that requires students to use their knowledge and skills to solve a real-world problem or create a product. It is usually a major component of a final year or capstone course in a scientific discipline.

2. How can a design project help me in my final year?

A design project can provide valuable hands-on experience and allow you to apply the theories and concepts you have learned throughout your academic career. It also gives you the opportunity to work in a team, develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and showcase your abilities to potential employers.

3. What kind of guidance can I get for my design project?

You can get guidance in various forms, such as from your supervisor, peers, or online resources. Your supervisor can provide you with feedback, suggestions, and resources to help you with your project. Peers can also offer support and collaborate with you on the project. Online resources, such as tutorials and forums, can provide additional guidance and tips.

4. How can I choose a suitable design project?

Choosing a suitable design project is crucial for your success. You can start by identifying your interests, strengths, and areas for improvement. Consider projects that align with your career goals and academic background. You can also consult with your supervisor or other faculty members for project ideas.

5. How can I manage my time effectively for my design project?

Time management is essential for completing a successful design project. Start by creating a timeline with specific deadlines for each task. Prioritize your tasks and allocate enough time for research, experimentation, and analysis. Communicate with your team regularly and make sure to stay organized and focused on your project goals.