Elementary point about measurable cards

In summary, a measurable cardinal is a cardinal number that has a non-trivial, 0-1-valued measure on its power set. The first step in understanding this concept is to ensure that the given conditions are met, one of them being the existence of a smaller-than-κ ordinal λ such that the measure μ satisfies certain conditions for any sequence of disjoint sets Aα with elements smaller-than-κ ordinals. This implies that there exists a β<λ where μ(Aβ) = 1 and for any other γ<λ, μ(Aγ) = 0. However, there may be exceptions to this rule for certain sequences.
nomadreid
Gold Member
Just refreshing my understanding of measurable cardinals, the first step (more questions may follow, but one step at a time) is to make sure I understand the conditions: one of them is

For a (an uncountable) measurable cardinal κ, there exists a non-trivial, 0-1-valued measure μ on P(κ) such that there exists an λ<κ such that for any sequence [Aα: α<λ ] of disjoint sets Aα whose elements are smaller-than-κ ordinals, μ([itex]\cup[/itex]{ Aα }) = ∑μ(Aα)

Would not this mean that there would be a β<λ such that μ(Aβ) = 1 and [itex]\forall[/itex]γ<λ, (γ≠ β [itex]\Rightarrow[/itex] μ(Aβ) = 0)?

If not, why not?

P.S. except of course for those sequences for which for all α in the set of indices of the sequence, μ(Aα)=0

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm sorry you are not generating any responses at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us? Any new findings?

"measurable cardinal" is an extremely specialized concept. I am not surprised as the lack of response. I had to look it up on Wikipedia to get an inkling of what means.

What are elementary points about measurable cards?

The term "elementary points" refers to the basic building blocks of a measurable card, which is a card used to measure different quantities or attributes. These points are typically represented by numbers or symbols and can be combined to create more complex measurements.

How are measurable cards used in science?

Measurable cards are used in science for a variety of purposes, such as measuring the weight, length, volume, or temperature of a substance or object. They can also be used to record and analyze data, make comparisons, and identify patterns or trends.

What are the different types of measurable cards?

There are several different types of measurable cards, including rulers, thermometers, scales, and measuring cups. Each type is designed to measure a specific quantity or attribute and may use different units of measurement.

What is the importance of accuracy and precision in using measurable cards?

Accuracy refers to how close a measurement is to the true or accepted value, while precision refers to how consistent and exact a series of measurements are. Both accuracy and precision are important in using measurable cards in order to obtain reliable and valid data.

How can measurable cards be used to make predictions or draw conclusions?

By using measurable cards to measure and record data, scientists can analyze the results to make predictions or draw conclusions about a particular phenomenon or experiment. This can help to further our understanding of the natural world and inform future research.