Is the Universe Beyond Our Perception?

• Thread starter Mt. Nixion
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Universe
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of the universe and its potential dimensions and laws of physics that may exist beyond our perception. It raises questions about the limits of knowledge and the relevance of discussing something that cannot be perceived or proven to exist.
Mt. Nixion
I don't know about you, but I know that everything has limits. So I have a question; Is the universe just three dimensions plus time and contain just the forces, energies, and laws of physics that we know about; or is there more dimensions and physics laws, energies and forces that are in this universe and cannot be perceived by our senses or visualized?

Space news on Phys.org
Mt. Nixion said:
I don't know about you, but I know that everything has limits. So I have a question; Is the universe just three dimensions plus time and contain just the forces, energies, and laws of physics that we know about; or is there more dimensions and physics laws, energies and forces that are in this universe and cannot be perceived by our senses or visualized?

If we can answer your question, we would have already known everything in the universe now, don't we?

Furthermore, if there is something that we can't perceive, then what difference does it make since obviously, by definition, it has no effect at all on our universe. We can't tell if it exists or not. A discussion about something we can't perceive in any way whatsoever is not within the realm of physics.

Zz.

Whoa that's deep, and I'm far from being an expert, but my guess would be that we will never know, if we cannot percieve them, then I doubt we would know they exsist, just my thoughts anyway...

What is the universe?

The universe is the entirety of space, time, matter, and energy. It includes all planets, stars, galaxies, and other forms of matter and energy.

How old is the universe?

The universe is estimated to be about 13.8 billion years old. This age is determined through various scientific methods, such as studying the expansion of the universe and the cosmic microwave background radiation.

What is the Big Bang theory?

The Big Bang theory is the prevailing scientific explanation for the origin of the universe. It suggests that the universe began as a singularity, a point of infinite density and temperature, and has been expanding and cooling ever since.

How big is the universe?

The observable universe, which is the part of the universe that we can see, is estimated to be about 93 billion light-years in diameter. However, the actual size of the entire universe is still unknown and may be infinite.

Is there life in the universe?

The question of whether there is life in the universe is still a topic of scientific debate. While there is currently no definitive evidence of extraterrestrial life, many scientists believe that it is possible, if not likely, given the vast size and diversity of the universe.