Calculate Area with D:d:p = 4:1:4

• Thread starter hpla
  • Start date
In summary, the formula for calculating area with D:d:p = 4:1:4 is A = D^2 * (p/d). The values of D, d, and p can be determined from the dimensions of the shape, with D being the longest side, d being the shortest side, and p being the perimeter. This formula can only be used for shapes with a 4:1:4 ratio, such as squares and rectangles. To convert the area to a different unit of measurement, a conversion factor can be used. The significance of the 4:1:4 ratio in the equation is that it indicates the relationship between the perimeter and sides of the shape, which is important for calculating the area.
hpla
hey >>>

i want to Calculate this area Equation :

A= pi *(D^2*d^2)*p*n*k

n= 0.5
k=0.4

but the Valuable of ( D-d-p) given like this :

D:d:p
4 1 4

My question is :

i don't understand Valuable of ( D-d-p)

is it Number or proportion ... just can anyone make it clear to me

Please, Please, Please,

Mathematics news on Phys.org
It looks like a series proportion to me. D and p are each 4 times the value of d.

Thank you for your response .. u mean

D= 4d P=4d

Yes.

Please

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out with your question. It seems like you are trying to calculate the area using an equation that involves the values of D, d, and p. The values given for D, d, and p are in a ratio of 4:1:4. This means that for every 4 units of D, there is 1 unit of d and 4 units of p.

To calculate the actual values of D, d, and p, you would need to know the value of one of the variables. For example, if we know that D = 4, then we can find the values of d and p by using the ratio. d would be 1/4 of 4, which is 1, and p would be 4/4 of 4, which is also 4.

Once you have the values of D, d, and p, you can plug them into the equation you provided to calculate the area. However, I am not sure what the values of n and k represent in your equation, so I cannot provide a specific answer.

I hope this helps clarify the values of D, d, and p for you. If you have any further questions, please let me know. Thank you.

1. What is the formula for calculating area with D:d:p = 4:1:4?

The formula for calculating area with D:d:p = 4:1:4 is A = D^2 * (p/d).

2. How do you determine the values of D, d, and p in the equation?

The values of D, d, and p can be determined from the dimensions of the shape. D is the length of the longest side, d is the length of the shortest side, and p is the perimeter of the shape.

3. Can this formula be used for any shape?

No, this formula can only be used for shapes that have a ratio of 4:1:4 between the longest side, shortest side, and perimeter. It is commonly used for squares and rectangles.

4. How do you convert the area from square units to a different unit of measurement?

To convert the area from square units to a different unit of measurement, you can use a conversion factor. For example, if the area is in square meters and you want to convert it to square feet, you would multiply the area by 10.764.

5. What is the significance of D:d:p = 4:1:4?

The ratio of 4:1:4 in the equation indicates that the perimeter of the shape is four times the length of the shortest side, and the longest side is four times the length of the shortest side. This relationship is important for calculating the area of certain shapes.