PF PHOTO CONTEST - Now That Looks Like Fun (6/23-6/29)

In summary, this conversation is about a photo contest with the theme of "fun." The rules include submitting digital photos, resizing and not editing the pictures, only one submission per member, and using pictures taken by the member. The contest organizer, Zz, decides to cancel the contest due to lack of submissions and announces the end of the photo contest series. Participants thank Zz for organizing and running the contests.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Now That Looks Like Fun

Your pictures must contain something that would be fun to do. It would help if there are actually people having fun doing it.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. But other than that, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
my dad :smile: :

http://aycu20.webshots.com/image/18339/2000150662274630930_rs.jpg

There are at least 2 different activities here that look like fun. In fact, I can testify to the fact that they ARE! :)

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8348/img0259vk0.jpg [Broken]

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because of the lack of photo submission for this contest, and with permission from moe darklight, I have decided to cancel this contest.

This also marks the end of our photo contest. Thank you to everyone who had participated. There were some astounding pictures since we started this. It was a lot of fun, and I hope you had enjoyed them too.

Cheers!

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Because of the lack of photo submission for this contest, and with permission from moe darklight, I have decided to cancel this contest.

This also marks the end of our photo contest. Thank you to everyone who had participated. There were some astounding pictures since we started this. It was a lot of fun, and I hope you had enjoyed them too.

Cheers!

Zz.
That's too bad. I couldn't think of anything to add either :frown:

Thanks for taking time to create and maintain this contest, Zz. It was fun while it lasted, and we definitely saw some stunning shots.

Thanks for running these contests ZZ. I really enjoyed all of them

I enjoyed them as well. Thankyou for your time and effort!

Thanks for all the time you put into these photo contests. They have inspired me to go out and snap a few shots of everything just in case you have a contest for it someday...It was fun to participate.
Thanks again!

thanks ZZ, I'll miss posting pictures nobody votes for :biggrin:

Thanks Zz. You must have put in a lot of time managing this series. I appreciate it.

I was waiting for the "Awwwwww!" competition to submit this one.
fuzzy.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the time you put into the contests Zz, they were a lot of fun!

Oh what? The entire photo contest thing is over? :cry: I thought Zz meant just this one!

I enjoyed it very much. Thank you for taking the time to run it all, we have had some wonderful photos here.

1. What is the theme of the PF PHOTO CONTEST this week?

The theme for this week's PF PHOTO CONTEST is "Now That Looks Like Fun". We are looking for photos that capture the essence of fun and joy.

2. How can I enter the PF PHOTO CONTEST?

To enter the PF PHOTO CONTEST, simply post your photo on social media (Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram) with the hashtag #PFPhotoContest. Make sure to also follow our account on the platform you are posting on.

3. Can I submit multiple photos for the PF PHOTO CONTEST?

Yes, you can submit multiple photos for the PF PHOTO CONTEST. However, each photo must be posted separately with the hashtag #PFPhotoContest.

4. What is the deadline for submitting photos for the PF PHOTO CONTEST?

The deadline for submitting photos for the PF PHOTO CONTEST is Sunday, June 29th at 11:59 PM EST. Any photos posted after this time will not be considered.

5. How are the winners selected for the PF PHOTO CONTEST?

The winners for the PF PHOTO CONTEST will be selected by a panel of judges based on the creativity, originality, and adherence to the theme of the photo. The winners will be announced on our social media accounts on Monday, June 30th.