Eight-year-old is pregnant (due to sicko)

• Thread starter Adam
  • Start date
In summary, an 8-year-old girl was found to be pregnant after being raped by an employee at a pharmacy near her home. Doctors found that she was 32 weeks pregnant and it is uncertain if she will be able to handle childbirth. The youngest mother on record was also a 5-year-old girl from Peru. A photograph of the pregnant girl has been included, causing some people to feel sick and others to defend her appearance. This tragic situation highlights the issue of child molestation and the emotional trauma it can cause.
Adam
A GIRL aged eight has been found to be pregnant.

Police, who suspected that she was transporting illegal drugs in her stomach, rushed the girl to a hospital in Meissen, southern Bogota.

Doctors there found that the child was 32 weeks pregnant after being raped.

The girl said she had been attacked by an employee at a pharmacy near her home.

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0%2c4057%2c10723091%255E401%2c00.html
Now, I don't like violence. I think it should be the last resort in nearly every case. I see the use of physical force as the failure of one's mental capabilities. However, when it comes to the defence of the innocent, the most definite and certain method should be employed first, to absolutely neutralise the threat before it can be materialised. When it comes to self-defence, I will always follow this rule. When it comes to a little girl, only eight years old, I think every person should follow this rule. Adults create this world, and kids have to deal with the consequences. Adults are responsible where that kid lives. Get a DNA match to be certain, then allow the kid's parents to put a bullet in his head.

Physics news on Phys.org
that's very sad indeed. That little girl will never be the same. I'm just wondering how her parents didn't notice. She was 32 weeks after all!

Maybe they did notice. There are some pretty screwy cultures here and there.

What will they do about this? She cannot give birth. She will not survive that tremendous burden, will she?

The person who committed this crime should be punished like any other rapist. The age or any other characteristic of the victim should be irrelevant. The law should strive to be as rational as possble, and try to leave the emotion out of it. On the other hand, I believe rapists and murderers should be locked up for life, sentences need to be a lot more harsher for violent crimes, and violent criminals should be separated from non-violent criminals in the prison system. You can't bring back a dead person, you can't restore the quality of life to a quadriplegic, and it's extremely difficult (often impossible) for a rape victim to recover from the mental pain and anguish they will suffer. Put quite simply, violence is the worst thing in the world, no matter who is the victim, and so it deserves the harshest of sentences.

I also think that if someone rapes a woman and impregnates her, if he gets out of prison, he should also be made to pay for child support! No contact with the child, and all the payments should be done through the courts so there is no direct contact with the victim, but make him pay for that child. And cut off his...ummm...do you think castration with a spork is too kind for the guy who did that?

A pregnant 8-yr old...geez. Poor thing. I guess the best that could come of this would be if her parents helped raise the baby sort of as her sibling more than her child. I can't think of any good that could come of an 8 yr old being a mom.

Will an 8-year-old be able to handle childbirth ? Medical opinions ?

Gokul43201 said:

I'm no docter, but I have a cousin that is 9 and I couldn't even begin to think she could physically deliver a child.

Gokul43201 said:

It would certainly be a high-risk delivery. It might depend on whether the baby has a really low birthweight, which is quite possible for an 8 yr old mother. More likely, she'll need a C-section. Let's just hope she's close to a good medical facility. I'm pretty surprised she's made it to 32 weeks. It's hard to imagine anyone except the staunchest of pro-lifers to expect an 8 yr old to carry a pregnancy to term rather than abort it early, unless since she was so young, her parents just didn't realize she was pregnant until too late to do much (given her age, it's pretty likely she wasn't menstruating yet when raped, and everyone may have thought she was too young to get pregnant).

Last edited:
A photograph of the pregnant girl is included.

Ew! The picture is gross. She's naked, obese and...yuck! :yuck:

I think I'm going to throw up. :mad:

Dagenais said:

Sorry :frown: . I never saw that one coming...

Welcome to life you animal. :smile:

Dagenais said:

you are extremely insensitive! do you not have any compassion for this child? do you think she could have helped how she looked?? perhaps if situations of reality such as this really make you sick, you should resort to living in your SUV in suburbia.

Ivan Seeking said:
Sorry :frown: . I never saw that one coming...

Welcome to life you animal. :smile:

don't beat yourself up over it Ivan, it's obvious this member does not have much dealings with the gruesome realities of life...

this article breaks my heart...i have an 8 year old daughter myself who is bright and beautiful...to even fathom the thought of something like this happening to a child of this age is truly sad. any kind of child molestation can produce horrific emotional trauma-this pregnancy has got to be the worst end of it in my opinion...children at age 8 typically do not have the ability to procreate, so if this has happened, just think of how many other kids are sexually abused...

Didn't you know ? In Quebec, they've only got angels on harps.

Gokul43201 said:
Didn't you know ? In Quebec, they've only got angels on harps.

i'm guessing you are referring to Dag's place of residence? interesting that he demands sensitivity as a verminophobic, however cannot have the compassion for a real tragedy such as this...

I'd kinda agree that link is a bit on the edge though.

pace said:
I'd kinda agree that link is a bit on the edge though.

absolutely...it should make those of us grateful who live in a society that understands how wrong and sick this is.

I was thinking more that the link could be misinterpretated/unsuitable/give the wrong impressions... (Edit: Roger Ivan)

Last edited:
I worried about that when I went back and saw the picture. Given the historical context I decided to leave it. It is a fact of life now.

Moonbear said:
I also think that if someone rapes a woman and impregnates her, if he gets out of prison, he should also be made to pay for child support! No contact with the child, and all the payments should be done through the courts so there is no direct contact with the victim, but make him pay for that child. And cut off his...ummm...do you think castration with a spork is too kind for the guy who did that?

A pregnant 8-yr old...geez. Poor thing. I guess the best that could come of this would be if her parents helped raise the baby sort of as her sibling more than her child. I can't think of any good that could come of an 8 yr old being a mom.

No. No. No. Castration is sexual perversion. Castration is rape.

Ivan Seeking said:
I worried about that when I went back and saw the picture.

About what ?? I don't get it !

Kerrie said:
interesting that he demands sensitivity as a verminophobic, however cannot have the compassion for a real tragedy such as this...
Dag's one of the most selfish people I've ever spoken with.

- Warren

I'm confused. I do not understand how someone aged 5, or even 8, can become pregnant. Doesn't a female have to start menstruating before they can become pregnant?

The story is quite tragic. I don't understand how someone could rape an 8 year old and not hate themselves...

amwbonfire said:
I'm confused. I do not understand how someone aged 5, or even 8, can become pregnant. Doesn't a female have to start menstruating before they can become pregnant?

The story is quite tragic. I don't understand how someone could rape an 8 year old and not hate themselves...

eggs are still present in a female's body regardless of how young they are...i thought i read in one of these articles that there were cases of girls menstruating at age 3! it does not matter though that they can or cannot reproduce-they still are ultimately sexually abused.

amwbonfire said:

When a girl enters puberty, she will ovulate once before her first menstruation. This is why girls are taught that it is NOT safe to have sex with a boy even if they haven't gotten their first period yet (and a sad commentary on society that it is necessary to tell girls this).

This is probably a tragic combination of a young girl going through precocious puberty and getting raped at that tender age, just the right combination for an 8 yr old to wind up pregnant.

I believe this is the appropriate response: http://www.slugger.com/

hehe, if Adam is not already a dad, then i can only imagine how he will be with a daughter :biggrin:

Pfft. If I ever have a daughter, I'll need binoculars, a shotgun, and rock-salt.

I feel sad for the 8 year-old girl. At the same time, I'm also quite curious as to how she looks like. I am caught in quite a dilemma here. I don't want her paraded around as some kind of medical marvel, but at the same time I wish there was a picture of her somewhere. The picture of the 5-year-old mother surprised me because other than her belly and breasts, she looked like an ordinary kid. Maybe this was because the photograph was in such a bad state.

You know, now that I think about it, I don't want to see a photograph of her. I don't want my brain to flash on a picture of a dwarf teen everytime the word "child" is mentioned.

you are extremely insensitive!

You just noticed? :rolleyes:

perhaps if situations of reality such as this really make you sick, you should resort to living in your SUV in suburbia.

I actually live in the city. I do own an SUV, but I can guarantee you probably use up more gas than I do each month or drive more miles. How often do you take the metro or even walk/ride a bike? Remember my American friend - answer that truthfully.

Dag's one of the most selfish people I've ever spoken with.

Hey Chroot, long time no write! I've never actually spoken to you, but I have written to you. (BTW, That's the nicest thing you've ever written to me, maybe you've gotten less bitter).

And it's "Dagenais". I don't call you Chro, so please refrain from shortening my beautiful name.

I don't understand how someone could rape an 8 year old and not hate themselves...

He may not have morally developed yet. Kohlberg's stage 2: Self-interest. He may have not learned to think about others yet.

Kerrie is stage 3, seeking approval from others. They try to make others see them as a good boy.

Last edited:
Dagenais said:
He may not have morally developed yet. Kohlberg's stage 2: Self-interest. Hasn't learned to think about others yet.

Ok, so there's at least a reason. Though there always is, when it comes to violence.

Why is everyone attacking Dagenais? It's not exactly the nicest picture to look at, though it is hard not to feel sympathy for the girl. He was just going with his gut reaction, which is that the picture is pretty horrible. Don't attack people because they don't jump to the same conclusions as you. Be nice. PF is widely regarded as a place where people discuss things calmly and without resorting to insults.

Having said that, Dagenais, be nice too!

Let's all be friends! :biggrin:

Likes gracy
amwbonfire said:
Ok, so there's at least a reason. Though there always is, when it comes to violence.

Why is everyone attacking Dagenais? It's not exactly the nicest picture to look at, though it is hard not to feel sympathy for the girl. He was just going with his gut reaction, which is that the picture is pretty horrible. Don't attack people because they don't jump to the same conclusions as you. Be nice. PF is widely regarded as a place where people discuss things calmly and without resorting to insults.

Having said that, Dagenais, be nice too!

Let's all be friends! :biggrin:

Thank you amwbonfire. The picture isn't easy to look at, and what I said was true whether or not it was the 'compassionate' thing to say.

I appreciate your honest comments. :biggrin: You are Stage 6: people's moral reasoning is based on the use of abstract reasoning using universal principles. (from Wikipedia)

And I too, have no clue why people are always attacking me.

Last edited:
Adam said:
Pfft. If I ever have a daughter, I'll need binoculars, a shotgun, and rock-salt.

Salt? I can understand the shotty and binoculars, but salt?

amwbonfire said:
Salt? I can understand the shotty and binoculars, but salt?

Salt pellets instead of real shotgun shells. Or he may use it to rub into the wounds of the people he shot... HAHAHAHA! :devil: :devil:

As for this article, it is pretty creepy. Isnt there some kind of disorder at which girls will start puberty practically from birth?