Probe for Hydrogen Peroxide residue analysis

In summary, the conversation is about the difficulty in finding a method to measure hydrogen peroxide residue concentration in various types of water and cell extract. The person is looking for suggestions that can detect changes in real time without being too complicated or time-consuming. They are also seeking any new findings or suggestions from others.
lokkhi_pecha
Hi everyone, I've been reading articles and looking at many websites for methods to measure hydrogen peroxide residue concentration in lake water, waste water and ocean water as well as in cell extract in situ . But I'm not satisfied. sometimes they seem too complicated and may require a lot of time, by then the actual concentration might change. Can anyone suggest me something which can detect the changes in hydrogen peroxide residue concentration in real time monitoring? i really really need your suggestions. Looking forward. and thank you in advances

Last edited:
Chemistry news on Phys.org
I'm sorry you are not generating any responses at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us? Any new findings?

1. What is a probe for hydrogen peroxide residue analysis?

A probe for hydrogen peroxide residue analysis is a specialized instrument used to detect and measure the presence of hydrogen peroxide residue in a sample. It typically relies on chemical reactions or physical interactions to identify the residue and provide quantitative data.

2. How does a probe for hydrogen peroxide residue analysis work?

The specific mechanisms vary depending on the type of probe, but generally, the probe will interact with hydrogen peroxide residue in the sample and produce a measurable response, such as a change in color or an electrical signal. This response can then be correlated to the amount of residue present.

3. What types of samples can be analyzed with a probe for hydrogen peroxide residue analysis?

A probe for hydrogen peroxide residue analysis can be used to analyze a variety of samples, including water, food, medical devices, and surfaces. However, it is important to ensure that the sample is compatible with the probe and that any potential interfering substances are accounted for during analysis.

4. Are there any safety precautions to consider when using a probe for hydrogen peroxide residue analysis?

Yes, it is important to follow all safety guidelines and protocols when handling hydrogen peroxide and using a probe for residue analysis. Hydrogen peroxide is a highly reactive chemical and can be hazardous if not handled properly. It is important to wear appropriate personal protective equipment and handle the probe and samples with caution.

5. Are there any limitations to using a probe for hydrogen peroxide residue analysis?

Yes, there are some limitations to consider when using a probe for hydrogen peroxide residue analysis. For example, the probe may not be able to detect very low levels of residue or may be affected by other substances in the sample. It is important to carefully consider the limitations of the probe and ensure proper validation and controls are in place during analysis.