Revtex4 for AIP Authoring: Template Needed

• Thread starter af361
  • Start date
In summary: I see that you have read through the submission process and it is not clear. So you will have to actually correspond with the editors about this.yeah, i wrote an email to the editors and haven't heard back.
af361
I see that there have been some other LaTeX specifically Revtex questions in this forum, so i will post a question that i submitted to a LaTeX forum, but has not been answered.

My question is for anyone who is familiar with Revtex4 or does any APS and AIP authoring. It is easy to use if you want to author anything for American Physical Society (PRB, PRL, etc), but now AIP has cited Revtex4 as the LaTeX release of choice for Applied Physics Letters, and other AIP publications, but they do not provide a template or any .sty or .cls files (or any instructions) to make it unique for AIP. Long story short i need to author something for APL and i need a template, .sty, or .cls because i don't imagine that AIP will accept a tex file specied for APS.
Please help, or better yet send me a template for APL!

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
af361 said:
I see that there have been some other LaTeX specifically Revtex questions in this forum, so i will post a question that i submitted to a LaTeX forum, but has not been answered.

My question is for anyone who is familiar with Revtex4 or does any APS and AIP authoring. It is easy to use if you want to author anything for American Physical Society (PRB, PRL, etc), but now AIP has cited Revtex4 as the LaTeX release of choice for Applied Physics Letters, and other AIP publications, but they do not provide a template or any .sty or .cls files (or any instructions) to make it unique for AIP. Long story short i need to author something for APL and i need a template, .sty, or .cls because i don't imagine that AIP will accept a tex file specied for APS.
Please help, or better yet send me a template for APL!

Thanks

Have you contacted the editors or anyone associated with AIP? They would be the ones to answer this question...

I read through the submission process and it is not clear. So you will have to actually correspond with the editors about this.

yeah, i wrote an email to the editors and haven't heard back. I'm not a LaTeX guru just yet and I'm not sure if the lack of instructions means that i just submit it in APS style, which is what RevTex defaults to. I was hoping that there is someone, somewhere that has written an APL paper using Revtex can send me their template.
Thanks anyway!

At the start of my files I have...

Code:
\documentclass[aps,pre,preprint,showpacs]{revtex4}

The revtex style file has:

Code:
\DeclareOption{aps}{\change@society{aps}\def\@journal{}}%
\DeclareOption{pra}{\change@society{aps}\def\@journal{pra}}%
\DeclareOption{prb}{\change@society{aps}\def\@journal{prb}}%
\DeclareOption{prc}{\change@society{aps}\def\@journal{prc}}%
\DeclareOption{prd}{\change@society{aps}\def\@journal{prd}}%
\DeclareOption{pre}{\change@society{aps}\def\@journal{pre}}%
\DeclareOption{prl}{\change@society{aps}\def\@journal{prl}}%
\DeclareOption{prstab}{\change@society{aps}\def\@journal{prstab}}%
\DeclareOption{rmp}{\change@society{aps}\def\@journal{rmp}}%
\DeclareOption{osa}{\change@society{osa}\def\@journal{}}%
\DeclareOption{osameet}{\change@society{osa}\def\@journal{osameet}}%
\DeclareOption{opex}{\change@society{osa}\def\@journal{opex}}%
\DeclareOption{tops}{\change@society{osa}\def\@journal{tops}}%
\DeclareOption{josa}{\change@society{osa}\def\@journal{josa}}%

but no APL...

Oh well, this doesn't help much :smile:

Perhaps for APL, you just leave out the aps option, unless they added the apl bit later...

af361 said:
yeah, i wrote an email to the editors and haven't heard back. I'm not a LaTeX guru just yet and I'm not sure if the lack of instructions means that i just submit it in APS style, which is what RevTex defaults to. I was hoping that there is someone, somewhere that has written an APL paper using Revtex can send me their template.
Thanks anyway!

I've never published in APL, nor JAP, but the format does resembles PRL, PRA, etc., except for the non-centering of the authors/affiliation. So if all you want to do is to make sure you have the page length right for APL (i.e. not exceeding 3 pages), then I'd say, use the PRL format. You can submit it as is, or change it into a draft style, it doesn't matter. They usually re-typeset your LaTex file anyway.

Zz.

1. What is Revtex4?

Revtex4 is a LaTeX document class specifically designed for authors submitting manuscripts to the American Institute of Physics (AIP) journals.

2. How do I obtain the Revtex4 template?

The Revtex4 template can be downloaded from the AIP website or through the LaTeX package manager on your computer. It is also included in most LaTeX distributions.

3. Can I use Revtex4 for non-AIP journals?

Yes, Revtex4 can be used for other journals and publications, but it is specifically tailored for AIP journals and may not meet the formatting requirements for other publications.

4. Are there any limitations to using Revtex4?

Revtex4 has some limitations, such as limited customization options and only supporting the AIP document style. It is recommended to thoroughly check the formatting guidelines of your target journal before using Revtex4.

5. Is Revtex4 compatible with all LaTeX versions?

Revtex4 is compatible with most LaTeX versions, but it is recommended to use the most up-to-date version for optimal performance and compatibility.