Is the Universe a Giant Hex Code Waiting to be Edited?

• Thread starter Gara
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Universe
In summary: By grouping the same number of 1's and -1's, the total mass would be zero.In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of the universe being made up of 1's and 0's and the possibility of manipulating these elements to "edit" the universe. The idea is compared to hex editing in video games and altering molecular structures. The conversation also delves into the possibility of the universe being a matrix made up of 1's and -1's, with various groupings and submatrices creating different elements and phenomena. The topic of electric charges and mass is also explored, and the conversation ends with a mention of superstring theory and the explanation for the zero mass of photons and gluons.
Gara
asuming everything is made from 1 thing, and that we had a way of recording an event, and editing such event, would it not be like hex editing the universe, such as, we know this gun has 9 ammo, so we find where in the universeal memory it has that, and can keep it at 9.

i know its not acually a question, just a little thought of mine.

Space news on Phys.org
You are not going to use that gun, are you?
Gara, respond...

the hypothetical gun?

if you want, i can change it to nine 2 way radios in a bucket.

You know you've been spending too much time with games when...

cookiemonster

LOL, yeah I have to agree with cookiemonster. In hex editing you are merely changing 1's to 0's and vice versa. Hence, energy is preserved. I would think it would be more analogous to something like altering molecular structures, like taking two ozone molecules and making three oxygen molecules. We do these kinds of things already, of course. To alter the quantity of certain structures would go against everything we know of physics, unless of course we live in The Matrix!

The entire universe can be thought of as a extremely large square matrix. This matrix has elements made up of only 1's and -1's. The 1st element at position [tex]e_{11}[/tex] determines whether the universe is made of pure matter or pure energy. If it is 1 then it's pure energy. If it is -1 then it's pure matter. Both matter and energy can still be defined in these two types of universe of pureness. These are formed by the grouping of submatrices of varying sizes to choose from. If the submatrix has a 1 in the 11-position then it's energy and if -1 then it's matter.

Electric charges are from the matrix addition of same size square matrices. Mass are the matrix multiplication of same size square matrices. The different ways of dynamically grouping and creating submatrices make up the varieties of things in the universe.

My probem in doing this grouping process is that no matter how I try I can't get the metric tensor of general relativity with diagonal element of 1, -1, -1, -1 or -1, -1, -1, 1 and zero for the rest of the other elements in this 4 by 4 square matrix. This indicate to me that the metric tensor is not symmetric that there is a connection between our particular universe to another universe not yet clearly defined.

in a way the universe is 1's and 0's. up 1's and down 0's :)

as in, a neutron being 001 (down down up)

a proton being 110 (up up down)

i can't remember what my orginal thought was (or what i was eating that night lol) but i think it has something todo with the superstring thory.

1's and 0's could be used to represent states but 1's and -1's can also be used to represent opposites of direction. The matrix only allows zero for electric charge but no zero for mass.

The zero mass of photons and gluons is explained by having both opposites (i.e. 1 and -1 direction) grouped equally.

What is hex editing the universe?

Hex editing the universe is a hypothetical concept that involves manipulating the fundamental code or structure of the universe using hexadecimal code. It is often compared to a computer program, where the universe is seen as a series of binary code that can be edited and changed.

Is hex editing the universe possible?

Currently, there is no scientific evidence or technology that supports the idea of hex editing the universe. The laws and principles of physics and the universe are incredibly complex and still not fully understood, making it highly unlikely that such a feat is possible.

What implications would hex editing the universe have?

If hex editing the universe were possible, it would have massive implications for the laws of physics and our understanding of the universe. It could potentially lead to the creation of new realities and universes, as well as fundamentally changing the way we perceive and interact with the world around us.

Are there any ethical concerns with hex editing the universe?

As a hypothetical concept, there are no specific ethical concerns with hex editing the universe. However, it could raise questions about the responsibility and consequences of altering the fabric of the universe and the potential impact on other beings and systems.

Are there any real-life applications of hex editing the universe?

Currently, there are no real-life applications of hex editing the universe as it remains a theoretical concept. However, some scientists and philosophers have used the idea to explore the limits of science and our understanding of the universe.