What is up with these threads

• Thread starter cepheid
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Threads
In summary: In summary, people do not appear to post complete thoughts or seem to expect other people to know exactly what's on their minds.
cepheid
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
...where people don't post complete thoughts or seem to expect other people to know exactly what's on their minds?

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=279846

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=279814

How is it NOT obvious to them from beforehand that if they post ONLY that, then nobody will know what the hell they are talking about (hence the ZERO replies)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
cepheid said:
How is it NOT obvious to them from beforehand that if they post ONLY that, then nobody will know what the hell they are talking about (hence the ZERO replies)?

You know there is always the possibility that these are children, people who barely know English, or people who are mentally handicapped, right?

WarPhalange said:
You know there is always the possibility that these are children, people who barely know English, or people who are mentally handicapped, right?

Thanks for taking the opportunity to put me in my place. :rolleyes: You DO know that my frustration was mostly feigned for the sake of making what I had hoped would be a mildly humourous commentary about some of the stuff that appears on the forums, right?

Even if my frustration had been real, you do know that this is GD, where people are allowed to vent/let off a little steam, right?

cepheid said:
You DO know that my frustration was mostly feigned for the sake of making what I had hoped would be a mildly humourous commentary about some of the stuff that appears on the forums, right?

You DO know I could be one of those people I just mentioned, right? ;)

Even if my frustration had been real, you do know that this is GD, where people are allowed to vent/let off a little steam, right?

Was I stopping you? You asked a question and I answered. You didn't like the answer. So?

Okay I agree.

I'm sorry that I didn't catch your joke. I've had a loooooong day...

i assume the first person is asking about software

the second wants to talk about glue-ons

He might have been referring to staple-ons.

I'm coining that term right now, by the way. I just need to find some sort of binding field or pseudo-field to attach it to...

try the duct flavor of tape-ons

Proton Soup said:
i assume the first person is asking about software

the second wants to talk about glue-ons

Are you sure the first was asking about software? I thought he was asking about birth control.

For the second, Future Glue works well. Just apply the glue to your coffee cup the night before you drop it and you're all set.

I've discovered the strap-on. I did so on a night out in Prague

neu said:
I've discovered the strap-on.

Do I want to know?

BobG said:
Are you sure the first was asking about software? I thought he was asking about birth control.

For the second, Future Glue works well. Just apply the glue to your coffee cup the night before you drop it and you're all set.
:rofl::rofl:
Sounds like the posters of those threads were psychologists!They wanted to know what is going on in people's minds.

Lisa! said:
:rofl::rofl:
Sounds like the posters of those threads were psychologists!They wanted to know what is going on in people's minds.

Well I hope they're enjoying themselves...

1. What is the purpose of these threads?

The purpose of these threads is to provide a platform for discussion and sharing of ideas and information within a specific topic or subject. They allow individuals to connect and engage with others who have similar interests.

2. How do these threads differ from regular forums or social media?

These threads are usually organized and moderated by a specific group or community, and tend to have a more focused and specific topic of discussion. They also often have stricter guidelines and rules for participation, compared to more open forums or social media platforms.

3. Why are these threads popular among certain groups or communities?

These threads provide a sense of community and belonging for individuals who share a common interest or passion. They also offer a more intimate and in-depth discussion compared to larger and more public platforms.

4. How do I start participating in these threads?

To start participating in these threads, you can usually find them on online forums or social media groups. You can also search for specific topics or keywords related to your interests and join relevant communities. Make sure to read and follow the guidelines and rules set by the moderators before contributing to the discussion.

5. Are these threads reliable sources of information?

It is important to approach information shared on these threads with caution, as they are often based on personal opinions and experiences rather than verified facts. It is always a good idea to fact-check and do further research on any information you come across in these threads before considering it to be reliable.