Simulink model of Active Suspension

In summary, The speaker has created a model for an active suspension but is unsure if the suspension working space, body acceleration, and tyre load graphs are correct. They are requesting someone to review the model and provide feedback. The speaker also mentions using equation models and matrix inputs for a quarter car. The project is a lab practice paper for an upcoming assignment and the speaker clarifies that the suspension is actually passive. They have also simulated the setup in Matlab but are not familiar with Simulink. They are unsure if the Body accel and SWS scopes are in the correct position and if the results obtained are accurate.
Jones1987
Hi, I've created the model for an active suspension, however my suspension working space, body accel and tyre load graphs, I'm not sure if they're correct.

If anyone could look at the model and tell me if I have gone wrong, I'd be grateful.

Thanks.

http://cl.ly/251C3e0y3d0Y1z1j0K1W (Model location).

Values:
ks = 22000
kt = 192000
cs = 1500
mw = 45.5
mb = 350

Physics news on Phys.org
to me the model looks passive as there is no controller input, just the road disturbance input. easier is to create equation models for a quarter car and get some matrix inputs and try it that way. what is your project about?

parmz_11 said:
to me the model looks passive as there is no controller input, just the road disturbance input. easier is to create equation models for a quarter car and get some matrix inputs and try it that way. what is your project about?

Hi,

It's a lab practice paper I requested, for an upcoming assignment. I just want the effects of the suspension from its ground input. My bad I shouldn't have really called it 'Active Suspension'.

I have created and played with this setup in Matlab, but Simulink is a whole different area for me. From what I can see, the setup seems right from the EOM. I'm just not sure if the Body accel and SWS scopes are in the right position, and if they are, are the results I'm obtaining correct?

Question 1: What is a Simulink model of Active Suspension?

A Simulink model of Active Suspension is a simulation tool used to model and analyze the performance of a vehicle's suspension system. It is a graphical programming environment developed by MathWorks that allows engineers to create dynamic models of physical systems and test their behavior.

Question 2: How does a Simulink model of Active Suspension work?

The Simulink model of Active Suspension works by creating a mathematical representation of the suspension system using blocks and connections. These blocks represent the various components of the suspension, such as springs, dampers, and actuators. The model can then be simulated to analyze the response of the suspension to different road conditions and control strategies.

Question 3: What are the benefits of using a Simulink model of Active Suspension?

There are several benefits to using a Simulink model of Active Suspension. Firstly, it allows for a more efficient and cost-effective way to test and optimize suspension designs, as it eliminates the need for physical prototypes. Additionally, it can provide valuable insights into the performance and behavior of the suspension system, helping engineers to make informed design decisions.

Question 4: Are there any limitations to using a Simulink model of Active Suspension?

While a Simulink model of Active Suspension is a powerful tool, it does have some limitations. The accuracy of the simulation depends on the quality of the mathematical model and the input data used. Additionally, the simulation may not account for certain real-world factors, such as wear and tear on components, that may affect the actual performance of the suspension system.

Question 5: How is a Simulink model of Active Suspension different from other simulation tools?

A Simulink model of Active Suspension is different from other simulation tools in that it is based on a block diagram approach, which is more intuitive and user-friendly for engineers. It also has the advantage of being integrated with other tools in the Simulink environment, such as MATLAB, which allows for more complex and comprehensive simulations to be performed.