Request for Thread Title Edit: Fixing a Misspelling on Physics Forums

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter dkotschessaa
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a request for a spelling correction in a thread title and the suggestion to use the "Report" button to make such a request. The issue with the warning on the "Report" button is also mentioned.
dkotschessaa
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=650236

Not sure how else to request this. But, despite being a bit of a grammar nazi I managed to title this thread "full-proof" rather than "foolproof" and I feel like one of those idiots on the internet that can't spell. Can someone fix it?

Physics news on Phys.org
Done.

Zz.

You can use the "Report" button to report your own post, in order to request something like this. Reports go to a place that all the mentors check pretty regularly, so one of us will see it quickly.

Don't mind the warning that the "Report" button is only for spam, etc. If we could re-word that warning, we would, but the forum software doesn't provide a way to do it.

dkotschessaa said:
... I feel like one of those idiots on the internet that can't spell.

:redface: ... :cry:

ZapperZ said:
Done.

Zz.

Thank you..

jtbell said:
You can use the "Report" button to report your own post, in order to request something like this. Reports go to a place that all the mentors check pretty regularly, so one of us will see it quickly.

Don't mind the warning that the "Report" button is only for spam, etc. If we could re-word that warning, we would, but the forum software doesn't provide a way to do it.

Noted... Thanks.

1. How do I edit a thread title?

To edit a thread title, you can click on the "Edit" button next to the thread title. This will open up a text box where you can make changes to the title. Once you are finished, click "Save" to update the thread title.

2. Can I edit a thread title after it has been posted?

Yes, you can edit a thread title even after it has been posted. Simply follow the same steps as you would to edit a thread title before it is posted.

3. What if I want to change the thread title back to its original title?

If you want to revert back to the original thread title, click on the "Edit" button and delete any changes you made to the title. Then click "Save" to update the thread title.

4. Is there a character limit for thread titles?

Yes, there is a limit of 255 characters for thread titles. If you exceed this limit, you will receive an error message and will need to shorten your title.

5. Can I edit the thread title on a mobile device?

Yes, you can edit thread titles on a mobile device. Simply click on the "Edit" button and follow the same steps as you would on a desktop device.