Is Vanilla Coke the Secret to Staying Awake?

• Thread starter rachmaninoff
  • Start date
In summary, The speaker has been up all night and was at the library trying to stay awake but could not find any coffee. They resorted to drinking "vanilla" coke, which is a solution of fructose in concentrated phosphoric acid. The speaker is an insomniac and has trouble sleeping at night. They usually go to bed around 3-4 am and if they have school, they only get 5-6 hours of sleep. The speaker misses sleep and mentions that Vanilla Coke and vodka is good but will not help with staying awake. Jack and Coke and Saphire and tonic are also mentioned as drinks that will not help with staying awake.
rachmaninoff
I've been up all night again. Then I was at the library trying to stay awake, and there's no coffee anywhere. The only caffeinated beverage was "vanilla" coke, believe me it was a last resort. It's basically a solution of fructose, dissolved in concentrated phosphoric acid. Now bubbles are coming out my nose.

Physics news on Phys.org
Im an insomniac. I have trouble sleeping at night. I can easily go to bed at around 3-4 am. If I don't have any school, I'll wake up at like 1:30 and eat lunch. If I have school, I'll just get like 5-6 hours of sleep, 7 on a good night. Sleeping is not for me I guess...(:frown: I miss you sleep)

Last edited:
Vanilla Coke and vodka is good.
Jack and Coke is better.
Saphire and tonic is ambrosia.
None of these will help you stay awake.

1. What is Vanilla Coke and how does it help with staying awake?

Vanilla Coke is a flavored carbonated soft drink that contains caffeine. Caffeine is a stimulant that can help with increasing alertness and reducing fatigue, thus aiding in staying awake.

2. Is Vanilla Coke more effective than regular Coke in keeping a person awake?

Both Vanilla Coke and regular Coke contain caffeine, so they have a similar effect in terms of keeping a person awake. However, the added vanilla flavor in Vanilla Coke may make it more enjoyable to drink, leading to a better mood and potentially feeling more awake.

3. Are there any negative side effects of consuming Vanilla Coke for staying awake?

Like any caffeinated beverage, consuming too much Vanilla Coke can lead to negative side effects such as jitters, anxiety, and difficulty sleeping. It is important to consume it in moderation and not rely on it as a long-term solution for staying awake.

4. Can Vanilla Coke be used as a substitute for getting enough sleep?

No, Vanilla Coke should not be used as a substitute for getting enough sleep. Sleep is essential for overall health and well-being, and relying on caffeine to stay awake can lead to negative consequences in the long run. It is important to prioritize getting enough sleep instead of relying on caffeinated drinks.

5. Are there other ways to stay awake besides drinking Vanilla Coke?

Yes, there are other ways to stay awake that are healthier and more sustainable than relying on caffeine. These include getting regular exercise, taking short breaks throughout the day, staying hydrated, and having a balanced and nutritious diet. Adequate sleep is also crucial in maintaining alertness and energy levels throughout the day.