Make a Webpage: Hello, I'm Learning How!

• Thread starter Kiley Dean
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the process of page loading and the possibility of stopping the page when it is 1/3 or 1/2 loaded. The expert summarizer explains that this is not possible and advises the individual to continue learning HTML and possibly expand their skills to include PHP or JavaScript for more advanced features.
Kiley Dean
Hello, I am learning how to make a simple web site. I find it interesting that whenever I click the page(index.html) on my desktop, it opens immediately for me. I wonder how to make my page 1/3 or half-open...the page stops loading when things on page are 1/3 or 1/2 loaded.

??

Computer science news on Phys.org
Why on Earth would you want your page to be 1/3 loaded? I don't know of any way to do this, though you might be able to "simulate" it with some clever JavaScript.

- Warren

i am sorry I don't know how to use javascript.
I can only do

<html>
<head>
<title>Dean's page</title>
</head>
<body>
Welcome to my page
...write long paragraphs here..
</body>
</html>

I am just curious if that can be done, stop the page when it is 1/3 or =1/2 loaded

No, it's not possible. Again, I can't imagine any real use for such a "feature."

- Warren

press the stop button on your browser

Well it is only to learn more about page-loading

You'd have to have pretty damn good reflexes.

- Warren

Oh, I don't want to press it all the time

The only thing you need to know about page loading is that the browser starts at the top of the code and works it's way down. That's the order. But the code is only text so the time it takes for the browser to translate it is almost instantaneous. I can see why you want to learn about the loading order because it seems you're starting off with HTML. Stick with it, man. It's a really good skill to have; I'm serious. You'll learn how to become more advanced so you can create awesome pages. After or even while you master HTML, you can learn some PHP or JavaScript to incorporate new features into your work.

1. What is a webpage?

A webpage is a document that is displayed on the internet, typically using a web browser. It can contain various types of media such as text, images, videos, and interactive elements.

2. Do I need to know coding to make a webpage?

While having knowledge of coding languages such as HTML, CSS, and JavaScript can be helpful, there are also many web design tools and platforms available that allow individuals to create webpages without coding knowledge.

3. How do I make a webpage accessible?

To make a webpage accessible, it is important to follow web standards and guidelines such as the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). This includes providing alternative text for images, using proper heading structure, and ensuring compatibility with assistive technologies.

4. Can I use any images or content on my webpage?

It is important to only use images and content that you have the rights to use on your webpage. This can include creating your own content or using royalty-free or appropriately licensed images and media.

5. How can I make my webpage stand out?

To make your webpage stand out, you can incorporate unique design elements, use engaging and relevant content, and optimize your webpage for search engines. You can also consider adding interactive features or utilizing social media to promote your webpage.