LaTeX Preview Not Working - What to Do?

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter Fredrik
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, users are experiencing a problem with the math not showing up in their posts and instead receiving a message to reload the page. This issue is affecting everyone and it is hoped that the vB upgrade tomorrow will resolve it. One user suggests using a testing tool, but it is not very useful. Another user hopes that a LaTeX preview feature will be implemented and suggests that temporary files could be deleted when the post is submitted.
Fredrik
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
When I preview my posts, none of the math shows up. Instead I get a message that says "LaTex graphic is being generated. Reload this page in a moment." But reloading doesn't help at all. Is everyone having this problem or just me? Is there something I can do about it?

Physics news on Phys.org
This is a problem for everyone. Hopefully, the vB upgrade tomorrow will fix it.

Gokul43201 said:
This is a problem for everyone. Hopefully, the vB upgrade tomorrow will fix it.

No latex preview with upgrade. I'm almost against warren implementing it. We already have gigs of latex images on the server. Use this for testing
http://at.org/~cola/tex2img/index.php

Last edited:
Thanks for the fast answers. That testing tool isn't very useful at all. It doesn't understand fractions for example. Maybe I'm just using it wrong. I'm not sure. Anyway, I really hope you will (re)implement a LaTeX preview feature. I probably won't be able to post until you do. Don't forget that disk space is really cheap these days. :smile:

Are the preview images "temporary files", which could be deleted when the post is submitted?

1. Why is my LaTeX preview not working?

There could be several reasons for this. It could be due to a syntax error in your LaTeX code, an issue with your LaTeX installation, or a conflict with other software or plugins on your computer.

2. How can I fix my LaTeX preview not working?

First, check your LaTeX code for any errors. If your code is correct, try restarting your LaTeX program or reinstalling it. If the issue persists, try disabling any conflicting software or plugins.

3. Can I preview my LaTeX code without installing any additional software?

Yes, there are several online LaTeX editors that allow you to preview your code without any additional software. Some popular options include Overleaf, ShareLaTeX, and LaTeX Base.

4. My LaTeX preview was working before, but now it's not. What could have caused this?

It's possible that a recent update to your LaTeX program or changes to your computer's settings may have caused the issue. Try reverting to a previous version of your LaTeX program or resetting your computer's settings to see if that resolves the issue.

5. Is there a way to troubleshoot my LaTeX preview not working?

Yes, you can try using a LaTeX debugging tool such as LaTeX Error Finder or LatexDiff to help identify and fix any errors in your code. You can also seek help from online LaTeX communities or forums for further assistance.