Strange Creatures: Learn About the Funky Animals of the World

• Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses funky creatures, including a cross between a spider and scorpion and a fish with a bioluminescent appendix. The conversation also mentions an article about an optic sponge and a hoax about a creature called the Hotheaded Naked Ice Borer.
quddusaliquddus
There are a lot of funky creatures out there, do you know any?

Biology news on Phys.org
http://berkeley.intel-research.net/bnc/images/17.2.2002/17.2.2002-042.jpg" [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
off topic ... slightly

I like that ... lol ... crazy ... it's like it's still deciding wether to be a plant or horsefish

...I tel you what though, the most disgusting thing that I've ever seen is a cross between a spider and scorpion ... it was crab-like (reminding you of food) as well as pink and hairy ... plump and eight-legged ... sickening ... :yuck:

Here is an article about an optic sponge. It's amazing what can be found.

http://www.bell-labs.com/news/2003/august/sponge.html [Broken]

heh, nice URLs you send us to :smile:

How about a http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/programmes/tv/blueplanet/picpops/images/prog2_2.jpg" [Broken], that fish who lures prey with a bioluminescent appendix hanging in front of its mouth..

Yeah ... loved the optical fibre creature Evo ... as for the hoax - I was reading it in astonishment until I realized it's a hoax - nice name hotheaded-iceborer lol
Monique, that fish looks like a guy with his head resting back ... who needs a gud shave ;D

1. What is the purpose of studying strange creatures?

Studying strange creatures can help us better understand the diversity of life on Earth and the different adaptations that animals have developed to survive in their environments. It can also provide insights into evolution and how species have evolved over time.

2. How are strange creatures different from other animals?

Strange creatures can differ from other animals in terms of physical appearance, behavior, and habitat. They may have unique adaptations or unusual features that make them stand out from other species.

3. Are there any potential benefits to studying strange creatures?

Studying strange creatures can lead to discoveries of new species, which can contribute to our knowledge of biodiversity. It can also inspire new technologies and medical treatments by studying the unique adaptations of these animals.

4. How do scientists find and study strange creatures?

Scientists use a variety of methods to find and study strange creatures. This can include field research, DNA analysis, and studying preserved specimens in museums. Some scientists also use remote sensing techniques to study animals in their natural habitats.

5. What are some examples of strange creatures?

Some examples of strange creatures include the aye-aye, a nocturnal primate with long, thin fingers used for foraging insects; the platypus, a mammal with a duck-like bill and the ability to produce venom; and the axolotl, a salamander that can regenerate lost body parts.