Recommend a geometry book for me to read

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for recommendations for a geometry book to study as they did not learn it in high school. They are currently reading a book but it does not have practice problems, so they are looking for additional resources. Suggestions are made for three books, with one person recommending getting all three. Another person suggests looking for free geometry books online. Eventually, the person decides to order the Aboughantous book and get the solution manual for free.
Miike012

Homework Statement

I am trying to study geometry because I never studies it in high school... Can some one recommend a geometry book for me to read... I am currently reading https://www.amazon.com/dp/1598639846/?tag=pfamazon01-20

However there are no practice problems...
Or if some one knows of a place I can download a free book that would be great...
thank you...

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Please... Can some one suggest something if they know? I would really like to study it?

The dover book on gemoetry, from euclid to knots looks good but I don't own it.

Well as long as it has problems that I can work with so I can have some practice that should be good...
Im tryng to find a free online book because I don't have much money right now so if some one knows where I can download a geo. book that would be great to.

How do you intend to get useful responses if you gave no attempt at a solution? :biggrin:

Many solutions are better than one solution so I am asking for more peoples thoughts on where to get a book.

Thank you... I will check them out... I am willing to buy one of them, which one looks the best to you because I am unfamilliar with geometry...?

That's really up to you, I personally would recommend getting all three, starting with the
Aboughantous one because it's the shortest & would give you a good feel for what's going
on. Read the preface's for the books & the amazon comments for the Lang book, I certainly
felt all three were necessary for me but you might not think so.

Are all geo. book basically the same or are they all diff? I kind of want one that will help me with trig.

I recommend Harold Jacobs Geometry 1st or 2nd edition.

heres one for $20.Geometry (ISBN: 0716704560 / 0-7167-0456-0)
Harold R. Jacobs
Bookseller: MotorCityBooks.com
(Riverview, MI, U.S.A.)

Bookseller Rating:
Quantity Available: 1
Book Description: Book Condition: Good. Minimal damage to cover and binding. Pages show light use. The best quality and service on the net. All books guaranteed. Bookseller Inventory # G0716704560I3N00

Bookseller & Payment Information | More Books from this Seller | Ask Bookseller a QuestionPrice: US$ 19.97
Convert Currency
Shipping: US$ 2.95
Within U.S.A.
Destination, Rates & Speeds

Last edited:

Miike012 said:
Thank you... I will check them out... I am willing to buy one of them, which one looks the best to you because I am unfamilliar with geometry...?

If you order Aboughantous' book from the publisher, because of your status as selflearner you will qualify for a free copy of the solution manual. It contains detailed solutions of all the problems in the book.

good luck

MathTeacher01 said:
If you order Aboughantous' book from the publisher, because of your status as selflearner you will qualify for a free copy of the solution manual. It contains detailed solutions of all the problems in the book.

good luck

Thats is good... where do I order this ? is there a link that I should visit to get the solution manual to?

You will need to buy the book then send a email to the author. He will send you the solution manual. The email address of the author is listed in the introduction page of the book. I ordered the book from

http://universal-publishers.com/book.php?method=ISBN&book=1599428229

What are some popular geometry books?

Some popular geometry books include "Euclid's Elements" by Euclid, "Flatland" by Edwin Abbott, "Geometry: A Comprehensive Course" by Dan Pedoe, "The Geometry of Art and Life" by Matila Ghyka, and "Geometry: A Very Short Introduction" by Timothy Gowers.

What is a good book for beginners to learn geometry?

"Geometry: A Comprehensive Course" by Dan Pedoe is a great book for beginners as it covers all the fundamental concepts of geometry in a clear and concise manner.

Are there any geometry books for advanced readers?

Yes, "The Geometry of Art and Life" by Matila Ghyka and "Geometry: A Very Short Introduction" by Timothy Gowers are both excellent books for advanced readers as they delve into more complex and abstract topics in geometry.

Do any geometry books come with practice problems?

Yes, many geometry books come with practice problems to help readers reinforce their understanding of the concepts. Some examples include "Geometry: A Comprehensive Course" by Dan Pedoe and "Geometry: A Very Short Introduction" by Timothy Gowers.

Are there any geometry books specifically for visual learners?

"Flatland" by Edwin Abbott is a great book for visual learners as it uses a fictional world of two-dimensional shapes to explain concepts in geometry. "The Geometry of Art and Life" by Matila Ghyka also includes numerous illustrations and diagrams to aid visual learners.