Printable Version - Show images?

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter Femme_physics
  • Start date
In summary, there is a discussion about the feasibility of having images show up in a printable version of a topic on a forum. Some suggest using the "File/Print" function instead, while others recommend using PDFCreator printer as a solution.
Femme_physics
Gold Member
It's kinda impossible for me to understand what's going on in a printable version of a topic without seeing all the images. For instance this:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=513144

Would it be possible to allow images show up in a printable version?

Printing the images separately and then remembering which one goes where (or even stapling them to the specific reply) is way too much work and hassle.

Physics news on Phys.org
Yah the admins need to get on that. chop chop!

How about simply using File / Print instead of the Printable version?
That way you'll get your pictures just the way you see them in your browser.

Last edited:
Heh, true, but that'd be a gigantic ink waster!

1. What is a printable version of a webpage?

A printable version of a webpage is a version of the webpage that has been optimized for printing. This means that unnecessary elements, such as ads and navigation menus, are removed to make the page more printer-friendly.

2. Why would I want to print a webpage?

There are many reasons why someone might want to print a webpage. Some common reasons include needing a hard copy for reference, wanting to share the information with someone who does not have access to the internet, or simply preferring to read and review information on paper.

3. How do I access the printable version of a webpage?

The method for accessing the printable version of a webpage may vary depending on the website, but it is often found by clicking on a "Print" or "Printable Version" button or link. If there is no such option, you can try adding "/print" to the end of the webpage's URL.

4. Will the printable version of a webpage include all images?

It depends on the website and how it has been configured for printing. Some websites may choose to exclude images from the printable version to save ink and paper, while others may include them. If you need the images, it is best to check the printable version before printing.

5. Can I customize the layout or appearance of the printable version?

Again, this depends on the website. Some websites may allow you to customize the layout or appearance of the printable version, while others may not. If this is important to you, it is best to check with the website or try using a browser extension that allows for customization of printable versions.