What has happened to the inthread online/offline notification - it was

• Thread starter Studiot
  • Start date
In summary, the inthread online/offline notification was a feature on messaging platforms that informed users of another user's online or offline status in a conversation. However, it has since been removed or replaced with other features, possibly due to interface changes, user feedback, or technical issues. While there may still be ways to see a user's online/offline status in some platforms, it may look different from the inthread notification and may also be available in a user's profile or status. Alternative features, such as a status message or "last seen" indicator, may also provide similar functionality. It is uncertain if the inthread online/offline notification will return, but there may be future updates or features that serve a similar purpose.
Studiot
What has happened to the inthread online/offline notification - it was a very useful plus over many other forums that did not show this.

Scrub that - I've just discovered I now have a green moon.

Perhaps this will help others or perhaps everyone else is more observant then me.

Physics news on Phys.org

What has happened to the inthread online/offline notification - it was?

The inthread online/offline notification is a feature that notifies users when someone they are in a conversation with is online or offline. It was a feature on certain messaging platforms, but it has since been removed or replaced with other features.

Why was the inthread online/offline notification removed?

The inthread online/offline notification was likely removed due to changes in the messaging platform's interface or the introduction of new features. It may have also been removed due to user feedback or technical issues.

Can I still see if someone is online or offline in a conversation?

Some messaging platforms still have an online/offline indicator in conversations, but it may look different from the inthread notification. This information may also be available in a user's profile or status on the platform.

Are there any alternative features to the inthread online/offline notification?

Yes, there may be alternative features such as a status message or emoji to indicate if a user is online or offline. Some platforms also have a "last seen" feature that shows the last time a user was active on the platform.

Will the inthread online/offline notification ever come back?

It is unclear if the inthread online/offline notification will ever come back as it depends on the platform's development and user demands. However, there may be other features or updates in the future that provide similar functionality.