When is the New XBox Coming Out?

• Thread starter Scientific Method
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation touches on the idea of a new Xbox console being released in late 2005, possibly with a new IBM graphics chip and without backwards compatibility for older games. It is speculated that this decision was made by the accounting department in order for the company to make more profit.
Scientific Method
Any ideas?

Thanks.

Computer science news on Phys.org
From what I've read late 2005. I'm assuming by christmas.

Possibly a rumor, but I've read that it won't be backwards compatible with older games which doesn't make sense. And it will be using a new IBM graphics chip instead of Nvidia.

The_Professional said:
Possibly a rumor, but I've read that it won't be backwards compatible with older games which doesn't make sense. And it will be using a new IBM graphics chip instead of Nvidia.

thats why it won't be backwards compatible. They've switched processor architectures, and video chips.

Basically, they handed decisions over to the accounting department, they got tired of losing money on every box they sold (even if they did make money on software).

They figure they have the market share, so they can adopt the same business model they run with windows--so i sure won't be getting the next xbox. M

1. When is the new Xbox coming out?

The new Xbox, called the Xbox Series X, was released on November 10, 2020.

2. Will the new Xbox have backwards compatibility?

Yes, the Xbox Series X is designed to be backwards compatible with thousands of games from previous Xbox generations.

3. What are the specs of the new Xbox?

The Xbox Series X boasts impressive specs, including a custom AMD Zen 2 processor, 12 teraflops of GPU power, and a 1TB custom NVME SSD for storage.

4. How much will the new Xbox cost?

The Xbox Series X has a retail price of $499 USD. There is also a lower-priced version, the Xbox Series S, which costs $299 USD.

5. Can I play my Xbox One games on the new Xbox?

Yes, the Xbox Series X is backwards compatible with all Xbox One games, as well as select Xbox 360 and original Xbox games.