What are the claims made in 'Gods of the New Millennium' by Alan F. Alford?

• Thread starter Reason
  • Start date
In summary, the book "Gods of the New Millennium" by Alan F. Alford explores the idea that humans are the hybrid offspring of an extraterrestrial race. The author's conclusion is that we may soon meet our makers. However, the author's website and newer edition of the book state that he no longer supports all of his theories. Some readers are skeptical of the book and are looking for fellow skeptics to debunk its claims. The book discusses science and history, but some find the author's approach to be sensational and lacking in differentiation between exact and non-exact sciences.
Reason
You might already have heard of the book "Gods of the new millennium" from Alan F. Alford. If you don't know what it's about, this is what the back of the book says:

The appearance of Homo Sapiens 200,000 years ago defies the principle of evolutionary theory, whilst the Biblical account of divine creation defies the laws od physics. And yet we are here. And that fact needs to be explained. This book - the culminatoin of ten years of research - uses scientific evidence to ask and answer the most fundamental questions of human origins and history. Alan Alford's earth-shattering conclusion is that we are the hybrid offspring of an extraterrestrial race, and that we may literally be about to meet our makers - the GODS OF THE NEW MILLENNIUM.

The book I read is the book with the new forword though, wherein the writer explains that he does not support all of his theories from this book anymore. But he still supports the first 6 chapters.
You might want to check his website:
http://www.eridu.co.uk/Author/author.html

I decided to read this book after already having had a lot of discussions with a friend of mine, about this book and about the inconsistencies in our history. He always came with facts that I didn't (and still don't) know how to refute. I have only started reading this book just yet and I am still very sceptic about all this. The way he talks about science also annoys me a lot, because it seems like he does not make a difference between the exact sciences and the others.

Now I would like to find some fellow sceptics, who could help me in finding inconsistencies in his book and debunk it.

edit: I'm sorry, I think this thread is better placed in "Scepticism and debunking", feel free to move it there.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Whoever moved this thread, he/she destroyed my elaborate response. Gist was that I share the views in general, close to scholar but the message is wrapped in a sensational way. Interesting view on religion and Atlantis (sophisticated myths, not facts)

Andre said:
Whoever moved this thread, he/she destroyed my elaborate response.
Sorry about that Andre. I moved the thread.

1. Who are the "Gods of the new millennium"?

The term "Gods of the new millennium" refers to a concept that emerged in the late 20th century, describing the potential rise of new, powerful individuals or entities that may shape the future of humanity. It is often used in reference to scientists, technologists, and other influential figures who are pushing the boundaries of human knowledge and capability.

2. Are the "Gods of the new millennium" considered actual deities?

No, the term is used metaphorically and does not imply any religious or spiritual belief. Rather, it is a way to describe the immense influence and impact that certain individuals or groups may have on the course of human history.

3. What role do science and technology play in the concept of "Gods of the new millennium"?

Science and technology are often seen as the driving forces behind the potential rise of the "Gods of the new millennium." As our understanding and capabilities in these fields continue to advance, some individuals may gain unprecedented levels of power and influence, potentially even surpassing traditional religious deities in their impact on society.

4. Can anyone become a "God of the new millennium"?

The term is often used to describe individuals who have achieved extraordinary success and influence in their respective fields. While anyone has the potential to make significant contributions to science and technology, becoming a "God of the new millennium" is not a title that can be easily attained.

5. Is the concept of "Gods of the new millennium" universally accepted?

The concept is a relatively new one and is not widely accepted or recognized in all circles. It is often used in discussions about the future of humanity and the potential impact of science and technology, but it is not a widely recognized term in academic or scientific communities.