Maxwell 3D - DC analysis on Human Body

In summary, the speaker is using a human body model for simulation studies and encountered a warning message about a failed geometry stitch and mismatched terminal surface mesh. They request help interpreting the message and suggest using an equivalent circuit for the human body in the simulation.
Janakinadh
Hi,

I am using a Human body model which I built for some simulation studies.

I was trying to pass DC current through the Human body and though my Project completed the simulation successfully I got the below warning message. Can anyone please help me interpret it?

The error log is as below:

[warning] Geometry stitch failed. Falling back to backup process (7:59:16 PM Jul 19, 2013)
[warning] Terminal surface mesh does not fit with conduction path in the following bodies {VHP_Skull,VHP_Skin,VHP_Fat,VHP_Muscle,VHP_CSF,VHP_Brain,VHP_Jaw,VHP_Ribs,VHP_Lungs,VHP_Aorta}. Please verify them to ensure no bad effect on solutions! (5:04:16 AM Jul 20, 2013)
[info] Normal completion of simulation on server: Local Machine. (6:18:46 AM Jul 20, 2013)

Engineering news on Phys.org

1. What is Maxwell 3D and what is its purpose?

Maxwell 3D is a software program that specializes in electromagnetic field simulations. Its purpose is to analyze and predict the behavior of electric and magnetic fields in complex systems, such as the human body, in order to better understand their effects on human health.

2. How does Maxwell 3D analyze the human body?

Maxwell 3D uses finite element analysis (FEA) to model the human body as a three-dimensional object and simulate the electric and magnetic fields that interact with it. It takes into account the material properties and geometry of the body to accurately predict the field distributions and effects on the body.

3. What types of DC analysis can be performed on the human body using Maxwell 3D?

Maxwell 3D can perform various types of DC (direct current) analysis on the human body, including current and voltage distribution, electric field strength, and magnetic flux density. It can also simulate the effects of different frequencies and intensities of electric and magnetic fields on the body.

4. What are the applications of using Maxwell 3D for DC analysis on the human body?

Maxwell 3D can be used in a variety of applications, such as evaluating the safety of medical devices that emit electric and magnetic fields, analyzing the effects of power lines and other sources of EMF (electromagnetic fields) on the body, and understanding the potential risks and effects of occupational exposure to EMF.

5. How accurate and reliable is the DC analysis performed by Maxwell 3D on the human body?

Maxwell 3D is a widely-used and trusted software program for EMF simulations, and its accuracy has been validated through numerous studies and experiments. However, the results of the analysis may vary depending on the accuracy of the input data and assumptions made during the simulation process.