Can a 'B' be removed from a high school transcript?

• Thread starter darshanpatel
  • Start date
In summary: SUMMARY In summary, if you are worried about a B on your high school transcript, you can take the class again or try to do something to make yourself stand out. However, if you are not applying to top schools, it is not a big deal.
darshanpatel
I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to get a 'B' off a high school transcript? Is it even possible? If so, how? Thanks for all the help.

Physics news on Phys.org
The only way I can think of is by taking the course again and even then it may still remain but then you've shown you can do better if you did.

If you're fretting over a B I can only surmse that you are an A student worrying about college where the SAT or ACT will have a bigger impact on getting in with the essay clinching the selection.

Most schools will not let you retake a class if you earned a C or higher in it. No, you can't remove any grades from your transcript. You earned them, and now you have to live with them.

A B is not a bad grade, and will not keep you out of top schools if you are otherwise an outstanding applicant. What will keep you out is being a grade-grubber; colleges really hate dealing with those kids. It's about what you learned, not about the grade you received.

Oh alright. Getting into top schools would require what? I have been getting A's my freshman and Sophomore year with honors English and honors math both years. As of now I am a upcoming junior in high school taking a college history class (U.S. History) over the summer. That is what I am worried about getting a B in. How bad would that be?

While taking college classes looks good, you're expected to do very well in them if your school thought you were capable of taking them as a high school student. A B isn't bad, but it's not great either. Your school should have explained to you that no matter what you scored in these classes, you must report these grades to future colleges.

Getting into a top school means you need great grades, but the don't need to be perfect grades. You need more than that - you need to find a way to make yourself stand out, hopefully in the field you'll major in. If you're not applying to top schools, than don't worry about it.

The school had nothing to do with me taking summer school is was a personal decision.

1. What is a transcript?

A transcript is a document that contains a record of all the courses a student has taken, the grades they have received, and the credits they have earned. It also includes any degree or certificate earned and the dates of attendance.

2. How do I request a transcript?

Transcripts can be requested from the educational institution where the courses were taken. Most schools have an online request form or a physical form that can be filled out and submitted. Some schools may also charge a fee for transcript requests.

3. How long does it take to receive a transcript?

The time it takes to receive a transcript can vary depending on the school's processing time and the method of delivery chosen. Most schools will have an estimated processing time listed on their website, and electronic delivery is typically faster than physical mail.

4. Can I get an unofficial transcript?

Yes, most schools offer unofficial transcripts that can be viewed and printed from the student's online portal. These transcripts are usually free and can be used for personal reference, but they may not be accepted by other institutions as official documentation.

5. Can I request a transcript if I owe the school money?

It depends on the school's policy. Some institutions may hold transcripts if there are outstanding fees or balances, while others may release the transcript but not issue a diploma or degree until the balance is paid. It is best to check with the school's registrar's office for their specific policy.