Christmas Decorations Set To Music

In summary, Christmas decorations set to music are becoming increasingly popular as a way to add festive cheer to homes and public spaces during the holiday season. These decorations often include synchronized lights, animated displays, and musical accompaniment, creating a mesmerizing and immersive experience for viewers. With the advancement of technology, these displays can now be controlled and programmed to play different songs and patterns, making them even more dynamic and engaging. From traditional carols to modern pop hits, there are endless options for music to accompany these stunning displays, making them a must-see attraction for many during the holiday season.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
OK, find another house that could top this one in terms of christmas decoration creativity. :)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8290192083117426204

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Science news on Phys.org
Worth repeating. :approve:

We had an earlier thread on it, but it fell off the page.

I wonder how long it took them to set it up?

Oh, but this one I could actually view! The other versions were all done with windows media player, which I refuse to install.

Did you see part two as well? Whoever set that display up definitely had WAY too much time on their hands!

Evo said:
Worth repeating. :approve:
We had an earlier thread on it, but it fell off the page.
I wonder how long it took them to set it up?

Oh, I didn't know there was already something on this. I don't mind if you want to merge it to that thread.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Oh, I didn't know there was already something on this. I don't mind if you want to merge it to that thread.
Zz.
Yep, there were three threads already merged into one. You've obviously been too busy focusing on the Disney thread to notice the others in here. :rofl:

Moonbear said:
Yep, there were three threads already merged into one. You've obviously been too busy focusing on the Disney thread to notice the others in here. :rofl:

Well, I didn't think there was anything else beyond the Disney thread in here.

:)

Zz.

Have you smacked the Penguin yet?

ZapperZ said:
Well, I didn't think there was anything else beyond the Disney thread in here.
Zz.
It is the only thread that's on-topic in here. I've begun wondering which would win out if we merged it with the TKC thread?

Evo said:
Have you smacked the Penguin yet?

I haven't Evo, because... er... how shall I put this? I thought it was a sexual act!

Zz.

back on topic. do you think that guy has other songs or does he play that same 3 minute loop over and over and over and over and over?

There was a part 2 with another song. It's supposed to be Jingle Bells by Barbra Streisand, but it sounds like the Chipmunks singing it to me! :rofl:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7395777378433982437

Even if I had to listen to that song only once a night, I think I'd have to choke the living daylights out of any neighbor who subjected me to it.

I hear you. That's horrible. (The 2nd one, I mean.) Is it playing at the right speed?

Danger said:
I hear you. That's horrible. (The 2nd one, I mean.) Is it playing at the right speed?
Yeah, that's the right speed. I'm not a Streisand fan either.

her rendition of j-j-j-jingle bells proves she's J-J-J-Jewish.

Oddly two of the most famous contemporary Christmas songs were written by Jews. :biggrin:

Irving Berlin wrote "White Christmas"

Mel Torme wrote "The Christmas Song", you know "chestnuts roasting on an open fire".

and who could forget "All I want for Christmas is the Gaza Strip"

DEERFIELD TWP. – Just two days after his computerized Christmas light display gained national media attention, Carson Williams had to shut it down last night because of traffic problems.

So many cars have been coming to his house to see the display it has become a safety concern, he said. Last night a car accident occurred in the midst of the traffic jam caused by the display and authorities were unable to get to the scene, he said.

“I’ve compromised the safety of the people who live in our neighborhood,” he said. “So we’ve shut the show down indefinitely.”

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051207/NEWS01/312070012/-1/all

That is sad.

Now all we have left to do for the holidays is Smack the Penguin.

Zz.

How will we get by eh? :blushing:

Moonbear said:
There was a part 2 with another song. It's supposed to be Jingle Bells by Barbra Streisand, but it sounds like the Chipmunks singing it to me! :rofl:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7395777378433982437

Even if I had to listen to that song only once a night, I think I'd have to choke the living daylights out of any neighbor who subjected me to it.
This is horrible. Somehow, this clip has struck some previously repressed sick obsession in me. I can't help but play this clip 'just one more time' every so often throughout the day.

I keep thinking "She must die of embarrassment every time she hears herself singing that song", but then I remember it's Barbara Streisand.

Where's Tanya Harding when you need her?

My God Bob, you need help! I couldn't even listen to it once all the way. I sugest you shoot your PC right now!

1. How do Christmas decorations set to music work?

Christmas decorations set to music use a system of lights, speakers, and controllers to synchronize the lights and music. The lights and music are programmed ahead of time and the controller sends signals to the lights to turn on and off in time with the music.

2. What types of music can be used for Christmas decorations?

Any type of music can be used for Christmas decorations, from classic carols to modern pop songs. The key is to choose music that has a good beat and tempo that can be easily synchronized with the lights.

3. Do I need special equipment to set up Christmas decorations to music?

Yes, you will need special equipment such as a light controller, speakers, and software to program the lights and music. You may also need extension cords, power strips, and other accessories depending on the size of your display.

4. Can I customize the lights and music for my Christmas decorations?

Yes, you can customize the lights and music for your Christmas decorations. Most controllers and software allow you to program the lights and music to your liking, including adjusting the timing and effects of the lights.

5. Are there any safety concerns with Christmas decorations set to music?

As with any type of electrical decorations, there are potential safety concerns with Christmas decorations set to music. It is important to follow all safety guidelines and ensure that all equipment is properly installed and maintained. It is also recommended to use outdoor-rated lights and controllers for outdoor displays.