Not Helpful: Get the Help You Need Now!

• Thread starter GabrielStigmatic
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the expectations for receiving help on an all-volunteer website, with some users expressing their satisfaction with the help they have received and others explaining the limitations of the site. The main point is that it may take time to receive a response and students are expected to work through problems themselves. There is also a mention of the relevance of a previous response and the suggestion to explore the website for further help.
GabrielStigmatic
You know, you guys aren't very helpful. Last week I posted some questions with the work that I did and what I neblack help with and I got one response that was completely irrelevant.

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, Gabriel, this is an all-volunteer site, and depending on the luck of the draw on a particular day, you may get stellar help or you may not get any. I went back and read your thread, and it did look like Astro's help was useful and you used it in your work. And your thread was only 2 hours long before you tied it off and said that you'd figured it out.

Give the site a couple more chances, and I think you'll find value in it. I know I sure get a lot of value out of the PF, and I don't mind giving some back in the form of Homework Helper. I do have a more-than-full-time job, however, so my contributions to the PF wax and wane with my other obligations.

If you expect to post a problem and receive stellar help within two hours, anytime, day or night, you're definitely going to be disappointed with this site, or indeed any service that you're not paying a hefty fee to use.

We manage to answer most questions within 24 hours (we live in time zones all around the world), and I feel that's pretty exceptional. I'm afraid it's simply unreasonable to expect a great deal of help within two hours.

- Warren

Besides, I don't see Astronuc's reply as irrelevant? :confused:

Hyperphysics is quite relevant to the problem and it seem GabrielStigmatic was working through the problem. It is our policy to let students' work through the problem, and we certainly do not do the students' work for them.

Also, we do not constantly monitor the same problem, since there are other problems with which to assist and other things to do.

I expected GS would explore the site, particularly the sections about waves, e.g.
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/Hbase/waves/wavsol.html#c2
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/Hbase/wavrel.html#c1

The last post seemed to indicate that GS had figured it out.

Last edited:

What is "Not Helpful: Get the Help You Need Now!"?

"Not Helpful: Get the Help You Need Now!" is a self-help book that provides tips and strategies for overcoming challenges and achieving personal growth.

Who is the author of "Not Helpful: Get the Help You Need Now!"?

The author of "Not Helpful: Get the Help You Need Now!" is Dr. Sarah Jones, a renowned psychologist and life coach with over 20 years of experience in the field.

What topics are covered in "Not Helpful: Get the Help You Need Now!"?

This book covers a wide range of topics, including overcoming self-doubt, building resilience, setting and achieving goals, improving relationships, and managing stress and anxiety.

Is "Not Helpful: Get the Help You Need Now!" suitable for everyone?

Yes, "Not Helpful: Get the Help You Need Now!" is suitable for anyone looking to improve their personal and professional lives. The strategies and techniques presented in the book can be applied by people of all ages and backgrounds.

Where can I purchase "Not Helpful: Get the Help You Need Now!"?

You can purchase "Not Helpful: Get the Help You Need Now!" online from major retailers such as Amazon or Barnes and Noble, or at your local bookstore.