How to close PF member account?

• Thread starter Orion1
  • Start date
In summary, a user is inquiring about how to close their PF member account. Another user suggests simply quitting posting or logging off to stop participating. A third user suggests that if the user does not want their name associated with PF, they can request for the admins to do so. However, there is some confusion as to why the user would want their account deleted and one user views this as childish behavior.
Orion1

I am enquiring as to how to close my PF member account?

Physics news on Phys.org
No need to close it, just quit posting.

Or log-off (log-out) and do not participate.

Well, if Orion1 does not want his name associated with PF any longer, it is possible for the admins to do so, right?

Just send a request to chroot if you can't resist posting.

arildno said:
Well, if Orion1 does not want his name associated with PF any longer, it is possible for the admins to do so, right?
Or perhaps he wasn't given a choice but to fully disassociate. Isn't that usually caused by employers?

arildno said:
Well, if that is the case, i really wonder why he would want that ? If one wants his account deleted, one should answer to that very question. Otherwise, just stop posting.

IMO, this is very childish behaviour.

marlon

What is the process for closing a PF member account?

The process for closing a PF member account typically involves filling out a withdrawal form and submitting it to your employer or the designated PF authority. This form will require you to provide personal information, such as your name, PF account number, and reason for withdrawal. Once the form is submitted, it will be processed by the relevant authority and the account will be closed.

What are the documents required for closing a PF member account?

The documents required for closing a PF member account may vary depending on the specific PF authority or employer. However, some common documents that may be required include a copy of your PF account passbook, a copy of your ID proof, and a filled-out withdrawal form. It is best to check with your employer or the relevant PF authority to confirm the required documents.

Can I close my PF member account online?

Yes, some PF authorities and employers may offer the option to close a PF member account online. This typically involves logging into your PF account on the designated website and filling out an online withdrawal form. However, not all PF authorities or employers may offer this option, so it is best to check with them directly.

How long does it take to close a PF member account?

The time it takes to close a PF member account may vary depending on the specific PF authority or employer. In most cases, it takes around 30-45 days for the account to be closed and the final PF amount to be disbursed. However, this time frame may be longer if there are any discrepancies or issues with the withdrawal form or documents provided.

What happens to my PF balance after closing my PF member account?

After closing your PF member account, your PF balance will be transferred to your bank account as per the details provided in the withdrawal form. It is important to ensure that the bank account details provided are accurate to avoid any delays in receiving the PF amount. In some cases, the PF amount may also be transferred to a new PF account if you have opted for a transfer instead of a withdrawal.