How did this happen? Weird picture

In summary, this person was at the bowling alley and took a picture with a clear view of people and their movements. Weird picture!
DyslexicHobo
How did this happen!? Weird picture!

So yeah... I was at the bowling alley and someone took this picture: http://a37.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/38/l_81ee85d7d2e5ca216a96f823bb524cfc.jpg"

This is NOT photoshopped. I could see an explanation if it were blurred, but the edges of people seem crystal clear. Maybe we're dead and just don't know it! :P

How the heck does that happen?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Looks like a double-exposure or long exposure to me.

It looks like the guy on the lower left moved after the flash, and then moved out of the picture. The people in back could have popped out after a certain time.

Russ is probably right on the long exposure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I'm voting for long exposure too, partly because I know how dark bowling alleys are yet the photo is fairly bright. People probably started moving out of the photo once the flash went off without realizing the camera wasn't done yet, or else they hadn't quite moved into position yet when the camera first snapped the shot if they were waiting for someone to set up a camera with a timer before all jumping into the shot.

Too bad you're a day late for the April Fool's photo contest! :biggrin:

This is indisputable evidence that the undead walk--worse, bowl--among us. :bugeye:

Might I have dropped a sardine somewhere??
I'll better check it out..

It's like back to the future. The picture is changing as you rewrite the past.

One point twenty one jiggawatts!?

Last edited:
time lapse with a digital camera.

Last edited:
In photog parlance, that's called a "front-door" flash, where the flash pops at the beginning of the exposure. This is what most cameras do when you take the settings off full automatic while putting the flash up.

More expensive cameras can do a "back-door" flash, where it pops at the very end of the exposure with similar neat effects.

OH MY GOD THIS IS CLEAR CUT EVIDENCE OF GHOSTS! SEND IT TO MOLDER AND SKULLY!just kidding, of course.

1. How did this happen?

The exact cause of this weird picture is difficult to determine without further information. It could be a result of natural phenomena, human influence, or a combination of both.

2. Is this picture photoshopped?

Without access to the original photo and editing software used, it is impossible to definitively say whether this picture has been altered. However, there are ways to analyze images and detect signs of manipulation.

3. Could this be a hoax or fake?

It is always a possibility that a weird picture could be a hoax or fake. It is important to analyze the source of the image and do some research to verify its authenticity before drawing any conclusions.

4. Can science explain this strange phenomenon?

Science is constantly seeking to explain and understand the world around us, so it is likely that there is a scientific explanation for this weird picture. However, it may require further investigation and analysis to uncover the cause.

5. Is this picture dangerous or harmful in any way?

Without more context or information, it is impossible to say whether this picture is dangerous or harmful. However, if it is a result of a natural disaster or human interference, it is important to take necessary precautions and safety measures.