Image/video processing project ideas?

In summary, the conversation is about a person looking for project ideas for their final year project in engineering, specifically in image/video processing. Some suggestions for project ideas include using wavelet technology, deconvolution, spectral unmixing, and computer vision. The person also asks for possible applications of these concepts.
RaStevey
Ok, so I'm about to start my final year project for engineering at university and I'm planning to do it in image/video processing, so does anyone perhaps have an interesting project idea (I have a few of my own, but would like to hear what other like minded people have to say) :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Look into a project involving wavelet. They have a whole bunch of different applications and would give you a wide range of options.

Deconvolution. There are some codes in existence, but what's out there could be better.

Spectral unmixing would also be useful and interesting.

Computer Vision

Thanks for the replies so far guys, but can you perhaps also give possible applications of the concepts that I might look into :smile:

1. What is Image/Video Processing?

Image/Video Processing is a field of study that deals with the analysis, manipulation, and enhancement of images and videos using algorithms and techniques. It involves extracting useful information from images and videos and transforming them into a more meaningful and interpretable form.

2. What are some potential applications of Image/Video Processing?

Image/Video Processing has a wide range of applications in various fields such as medical imaging, surveillance, entertainment, and robotics. It can be used for tasks such as image and video compression, object detection and recognition, image enhancement, and 3D reconstruction.

3. What are some common challenges in Image/Video Processing projects?

Some common challenges in Image/Video Processing projects include handling noisy and low-quality images, dealing with large datasets, selecting appropriate algorithms and parameters, and ensuring the accuracy and efficiency of the results.

4. How can I come up with creative and innovative project ideas in Image/Video Processing?

To come up with creative and innovative project ideas in Image/Video Processing, you can explore current research trends, identify real-world problems that can be solved using image/video processing techniques, and experiment with different algorithms and techniques to find unique solutions.

5. What are some essential skills required for working on Image/Video Processing projects?

Some essential skills for working on Image/Video Processing projects include a strong background in mathematics and programming, knowledge of image and video processing techniques and algorithms, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work with large datasets and complex systems.