PhD Universities like Singapore University of Technology and Design

In summary, the speaker is interested in pursuing the Engineering Product Development (EPD) program at a particular university and is seeking opinions on its quality and any similar programs in the US. Another person suggests reaching out to current or former students on LinkedIn for more information. This university is known for marketing itself as a top choice for creative engineering students in Singapore.
koolraj09
Hi,
I just went through the PhD programs offered by this university. They have 4 pillars...as they call it..one of which is Engineering Product Development (EPD), which I am interested to pursue.
From what's given in their brochure..
"EPD pillar’s mission is to prepare graduate-level leaders in the conception, design, implementation, operation, and sustainability assessment of innovative systems and products."
So basically I can work on developing a whole product from conception to building and operating the product, which is what I am interested in.
What are your reviews about it? Is it a good option? Are their any similar PhD programs/universities in the US?
Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm sorry you are not generating any responses at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us? Any new findings?

Singaporean physics major checking in here. I'm not from SUTD, so I can't really comment on the quality of their education. But in terms of prestige here in Singapore, they have successfully marketed themselves as the university for creative engineering students.

Your best bet is to speak to someone who is studying there now or, better yet, someone who used to study there. Try finding such people on Linkedin.

What is the admission process for PhD programs at Singapore University of Technology and Design?

The admission process for PhD programs at Singapore University of Technology and Design typically involves submitting an online application, providing academic transcripts and letters of recommendation, and taking the GRE or TOEFL exam if required. Applicants may also need to submit a research proposal and attend an interview.

What is the duration of PhD programs at Singapore University of Technology and Design?

The duration of PhD programs at Singapore University of Technology and Design is typically between 4-5 years, depending on the field of study and research progress. However, some programs may allow for an extension if necessary.

What funding opportunities are available for PhD students at Singapore University of Technology and Design?

Singapore University of Technology and Design offers a range of funding opportunities for PhD students, including scholarships, grants, and research assistantships. These opportunities may cover tuition fees, living expenses, and other research-related costs.

What is the research focus of Singapore University of Technology and Design?

Singapore University of Technology and Design has a strong focus on research in the fields of engineering, technology, and design. Some of the key research areas include sustainable urban solutions, advanced materials, and artificial intelligence.

What are the career prospects for PhD graduates from Singapore University of Technology and Design?

PhD graduates from Singapore University of Technology and Design have a high employability rate, with many pursuing careers in academia, research institutes, or industry. The university also has strong partnerships with industry, providing opportunities for students to gain practical experience and career opportunities.