Register to reply

Quantum yield: fluorescence spectrum correction

Share this thread:
amattiol
Mar19-14, 06:35 AM
P: 8
Hello,
I hope all is well, I have a few questions regarding fluorescence spectral corrections. I have run into an issue with corrections on the instrument I'm using. I have obtained spectra for a few compounds where the correction was working properly and achieve the results as expected. When I shift the emission scanning range down to around 280nm to 450nm, the correction file does not initiate - an error tells me this. This results in a very low intensity spectrum which in turn can not be used for quantum yield determinations by the reference method; I believe this is correct.

I wasn't aware of this issue until recently, is there a way to correct these spectra after the fact?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Phys.Org News Partner Chemistry news on Phys.org
Novel 'butterfly' molecule could build new sensors, photoenergy conversion devices
Rubber meets the road with new ORNL carbon, battery technologies
Breaking benzene

Register to reply