I am teaching myself chemistry

In summary, the speaker is teaching themselves a subject and preparing for the GAMSAT test next year. They are currently studying chemistry and plan to move on to physics and biology. They also mention their interest in starting a math lab in their neighborhood. They end by introducing themselves as an autodidact and expressing their excitement to interact with others on the forum.
Attraction
Yes. I am teaching myself this subject and things are going very well. Been working through the books for one month and getting a solid knowledge of the subject. It's not easy by any means but I am working hard at it. I am preparing for the GAMSAT test next year which contains a considerable amount of Chemistry. So far I'm just powering through collegiate first year chemistry but I'm planning on attacking some Organic Chem when I'm finished. Then I'll move on to physics (I really have no clue about that subject either) and finally biology, which I am fairly decent with.

Well there you go guys, that's me in a nutshell. I'll be posting on this forum a lot over the coming years. Looking forward to interacting with some fine gentlemen and of course, some fine ladies too.

Attraction.

Science news on Phys.org
Trying to start a meth lab in your neighborhood?

You mean..
Trying to start a math lab in your neighborhood?

VeeEight said:
You mean..
Trying to start a math lab in your neighborhood?

yes. Kids these day need to learn more math. :P

david90 said:
Trying to start a meth lab in your neighborhood?

Well, you know they say that's the reason people take the GAMSAT. So they'll have the excuse :wink:

You're an autodidact.

1. What resources do you recommend for teaching myself chemistry?

I recommend using textbooks, online resources such as Khan Academy or Crash Course, and practice problems from reputable sources like the College Board or your local library.

2. Is it possible to teach yourself chemistry without any prior knowledge?

Yes, it is possible to teach yourself chemistry without any prior knowledge. However, it may require extra effort and dedication to grasp the fundamental concepts.

3. How long does it take to teach oneself chemistry?

The time it takes to teach oneself chemistry can vary depending on individual learning styles and dedication. It can range from a few weeks to several months.

4. Can I learn chemistry without access to a laboratory?

Yes, it is possible to learn chemistry without a laboratory. Many online resources offer virtual labs and simulations that can help you understand and apply concepts.

5. What are some tips for effectively teaching myself chemistry?

Some tips for effectively teaching yourself chemistry include setting a schedule and sticking to it, using a variety of resources, practicing regularly, and seeking help from a tutor or study group if needed.