Looking for a specific type of physics book

In summary, there are several books on physics that are similar to the math book you mentioned, such as "Physics for the Inquiring Mind" by Eric Rogers and "Feynman Lectures on Physics" by Richard Feynman. However, none of them are as terse as the math book and may be more like textbooks. There are also other physics books available, ranging from undergraduate to graduate level, that you may be interested in.
oneamp
I've finished physics but I'd like to have a certain kind of book. I have
this book about math (click the link.) It's written in a very causal style and covers very many topics in a terse way. It's just enough to remind me of concepts when I forget, and it's fun to read.

Is there a book like this for physics?

Thanks

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
oneamp said:
I've finished physics but I'd like to have a certain kind of book. I have
this book about math (click the link.) It's written in a very causal style and covers very many topics in a terse way. It's just enough to remind me of concepts when I forget, and it's fun to read.

Is there a book like this for physics?

Thanks
The math book you mentioned is very nice, thank you for the link.
Unfortunately, I am not aware of any totally similar book on physics.

But maybe you might like these two very similar books, one on math, the other on physics:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1402788290/?tag=pfamazon01-20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1402778619/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take a look at those links, thanks. The book I'm looking for is not at all like a textbook, but like a friendly discussion about physics. We'll see :)

I will have to examine gullberg's book. As of now I do not know of a similar book that treats physics

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What are some good resources for finding a specific type of physics book?

There are a few different options for finding a specific type of physics book. One option is to use online databases and search engines specifically for scientific literature, such as Google Scholar or ScienceDirect. Another option is to visit your local library or university library, where you can search for and borrow books for free. Additionally, many physics organizations and societies have their own publications and resources that you can access.

2. How can I narrow down my search for a specific type of physics book?

If you have a specific topic or subfield in mind, try using more specific keywords in your search. You can also filter your results by publication date, author, or type of publication (e.g. textbook, research article). Additionally, look for recommendations or reviews from experts in the field to help guide your search.

3. Is it better to buy or borrow a specific type of physics book?

This depends on your personal preference and needs. If you need to refer to the book frequently or for an extended period of time, it may be more cost-effective to purchase it. However, if you only need the book for a short period of time or are unsure if it will be useful, borrowing from a library may be a better option.

4. Are there any online resources for finding a specific type of physics book?

Yes, there are several online resources specifically for finding scientific literature. Some popular ones include arXiv, ResearchGate, and Academia.edu. You can also search for online versions of books through platforms like Amazon, Google Books, or online library catalogs.

5. How can I ensure that the specific type of physics book I find is reputable and accurate?

It is important to check the credibility of the author and publisher of the book. Look for books written by reputable physicists or published by well-known scientific publishers. You can also look for reviews or citations of the book by other experts in the field. Lastly, double-check any information you find in the book with other reliable sources.