Well, my dad has been getting leg pains and back pains, and someone

• Thread starter FlexGunship
  • Start date
In summary, a product called "TrueBack" has been recommended to help with back pain. While the validity of this product is not certain, Amazon reviews for it are mostly positive. However, it is always important to consult a physician before using any product for pain relief.
FlexGunship
Gold Member
Well, my dad has been getting leg pains and back pains, and someone recommended that my mom get him the "TrueBack" for Christmas. This kind of thing isn't exactly my specialty, but Amazon reviews are largely adulatory.

Any thoughts? Can something like this really help with back pain?

31UkB1gXcUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0016L7DH0/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

FlexGunship said:
Well, my dad has been getting leg pains and back pains, and someone recommended that my mom get him the "TrueBack" for Christmas. This kind of thing isn't exactly my specialty, but Amazon reviews are largely adulatory.

Any thoughts? Can something like this really help with back pain?

31UkB1gXcUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0016L7DH0/?tag=pfamazon01-20

This static device partially, and gently, separates spinal vertebrae.
Can be most helpful in some cases. Always consult your physician first.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What could be causing my dad's leg and back pains?

There are a variety of potential causes for leg and back pains, including muscle strains, arthritis, nerve compression, and spinal conditions. It is best to consult a doctor for an accurate diagnosis.

2. How can we treat my dad's leg and back pains?

The treatment for leg and back pains will depend on the underlying cause. Options may include physical therapy, medication, injections, or surgery. Your doctor will recommend the best course of action for your dad's specific condition.

3. Are there any home remedies we can try to alleviate my dad's leg and back pains?

Sometimes, home remedies such as hot or cold compresses, gentle stretching, and over-the-counter pain relievers can provide relief for leg and back pains. However, it is important to consult a doctor before trying any home remedies, as they may not be suitable for all conditions.

4. Should my dad continue to exercise with leg and back pains?

It is generally recommended to stay physically active, even with leg and back pains. However, it is important to modify exercises and avoid any movements that exacerbate the pain. Consult a doctor or physical therapist for specific recommendations based on your dad's condition.

5. Can leg and back pains be a sign of a more serious health issue?

In some cases, leg and back pains can be a symptom of a more serious underlying health issue, such as a spinal injury or disease. If the pain is persistent and severe, it is important to seek medical attention to rule out any potential serious conditions.