Google Project Glass: What Do You Think?

In summary, the conversation is about Google's Project Glass, which is a DIY augmented reality project. Participants express their thoughts and share related links, with one person mentioning the potential for texting while driving to become even more dangerous with this technology. The conversation also includes speculation on the future of these types of displays and the possibility of incorporating them into contact lenses or even directly into the brain.
phoenix:\\
Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
That is awesome, now I have something I can talk to that can understand my Engish.

At first I thought:
Geordi_La_Forge.jpg

But then I realized:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysIClyFCgzs

Really though, this is what google was claiming the product would look like:
http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/04/06/Brin_glasses_Thomas_Hawk_610x407.jpg

The thing from that video, I can't tell if it's the same with a ton of extra camera gear on it, or if it's just that much bigger. If it just projects onto a lense, I would really have to see it in person to judge it, that video is NOT a camera of a lense with the device projecting on it. That is definitely an output from the devise super imposed over the video. Sure, it may be in real time, and it might be actual "footage"... I've seen a few heads up displays in my life, in cars, and even some very high end ones in jets, it's nothing nice looking at all.

Also, you think texting while driving is bad...

Last edited by a moderator:
Google is just exploring the software and cheaper hardware possibilities. There are already people developing much better displays and even one that fits inside contact lenses. A step closer to sticking a wire in your brain and displaying the picture right on you occipital lobe.

I can't imagine the first few models being a "must get", but this is a good step.

QuarkCharmer said:
But then I realized:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysIClyFCgzs

Whoa, how do you get those ad things on your sites? Did your adblocker break?

1. What is Google Project Glass?

Google Project Glass is a wearable technology in the form of a pair of glasses that displays information in a smartphone-like format directly in the user's field of vision.

2. How does Google Project Glass work?

Google Project Glass uses a combination of voice commands, head movements, and touchpad controls to interact with the device. It also utilizes augmented reality technology to display information in the user's field of vision.

3. What are the features of Google Project Glass?

The features of Google Project Glass include the ability to make phone calls, send and receive messages, take photos and videos, access maps and navigation, and receive notifications from various apps.

4. How will Google Project Glass impact our daily lives?

Google Project Glass has the potential to greatly impact our daily lives by providing a more seamless and hands-free way of accessing information and staying connected. It could also enhance productivity and accessibility for individuals with disabilities.

5. What are the potential concerns and drawbacks of Google Project Glass?

Some potential concerns and drawbacks of Google Project Glass include privacy concerns, distractions while driving or walking, and the potential for over-reliance on technology. It also may not be accessible or affordable for everyone.