Early Humans & Blue Blood: Is it True?

• Thread starter ___
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the misconception that early humans had copper-based blood, as well as the composition of blood being water-based. The participants also mention a Wikipedia article and the reliability of information found on the internet. A joke is made about blood being water-based and a reference to the character Spock from Star Trek is made.
Physics news on Phys.org
No, it's a myth. You're confusing humans with crabs.

edit: And next time try to find a credible source first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything found on the internet MUST be true.

well, that's why i put it on GD, else it would have gone in bilogy thing.

Last edited:
It's a fun site to read through, though. Imagine, copper-based blood, but able to interbreed with hemoglobin based humans! Just like Spock!

Stop me if I'm wrong, but isn't blood water based?

matthyaouw said:
you see, i think blood is iron based so it is red, at least that's what they taught in my classes (year nine of a grammar school:approve: ). but they also told that blood has plasma which is much of water.

matthyaouw said:
"Dammit Jim, I'm a Physicist, not a Chemist!"

matthyaouw said:
Duh guys, he knew that, can'tcha catch a joke? He was skillfully pointing out that guy's error. That blood is not hemoglobin-based, blood is not copper-based, blood is water based.

What joke?

1. What is the concept of "Blue Blood" in relation to early humans?

The concept of "Blue Blood" in relation to early humans refers to the belief that certain ancient civilizations, such as the ancient Egyptians and Incas, had a distinct blue tint to their skin due to their royal or elite status.

2. Is there any scientific evidence to support the existence of "Blue Blood" in early humans?

No, there is no scientific evidence to support the existence of "Blue Blood" in early humans. The idea of blue blood is based on ancient myths and legends, and there is no genetic or biological basis for it.

3. Why did the belief in "Blue Blood" originate?

The belief in "Blue Blood" originated from the visible differences between the ruling class and the common people in ancient societies. The rulers often had access to better diets and lifestyles, which may have given them a healthier and more vibrant appearance compared to the common people.

4. Are there any modern-day examples of "Blue Blood" in humans?

No, there are no modern-day examples of "Blue Blood" in humans. The idea of blue blood has been debunked by modern science and is now recognized as a myth.

5. How did the concept of "Blue Blood" impact society and social hierarchies in ancient civilizations?

The concept of "Blue Blood" has played a significant role in shaping social hierarchies and maintaining the power of the ruling class in ancient civilizations. It perpetuated the idea that those with blue blood were superior and entitled to rule, while the common people were seen as inferior.