MIT Nuclear Engineering Students - Contact for Textbooks

In summary, The Prince says that he is one of Professor Allan F. Henry's students, and that they used a textbook called "Nuclear Reactor Analysis" by MIT. He also mentions that there is a newer textbook called "The Atomic Nucleus" by Robley Evans that is more commonly used. He also says that MIT uses a text called "Larmarswh" which is a standard text. He suggests that the most recent textbook used at MIT is probably "Duderstadt and Hamilton."
The Prince
Hey there ,

I wonder If there 's any graduated or undergraduated who studies Nuclear engineering in MIT. I 'd like to know their textbooks and other stuffs about this department . Please contact me .

Engineering news on Phys.org
The Prince said:
Hey there ,

I wonder If there 's any graduated or undergraduated who studies Nuclear engineering in MIT. I 'd like to know their textbooks and other stuffs about this department . Please contact me .
The Prince,

About 30 years ago; we used "Nuclear Reactor Analysis" by MIT's Allan F. Henry.
Great professor - too bad he's no longer with us.

I also recall "The Atomic Nucleus" by Robley Evans, also of MIT.

MIT - great place to study - what else do you want to know?

Dr. Gregory Greenman
Physicist

Hey Dr.Greenman,

Thanks for your quick responed. Yep , We use this textbook as well since our Professor is one of Prof. Henry's students . I really face some problems since we were using "Introduction to Nuclear Reactor Theory" by John Lamarch. I wounder if they use it in MIT? .

_The Prince.

Most schools have web sites for each class, and these websites normally list required textbooks.

- Warren

The Prince said:
Thanks for your quick responed. Yep , We use this textbook as well since our Professor is one of Prof. Henry's students . I really face some problems since we were using "Introduction to Nuclear Reactor Theory" by John Lamarch. I wounder if they use it in MIT? .

_The Prince.
The Prince.

I'm one of Professor Henry's students myself. Perhaps I know your Prof.
[One of my contemporaries is at Polytechnic Montreal]

Larmarswh is a standard text - practically everyone uses it - but not at MIT.
It was mentioned as a supplemental text.

I would bet they use something like Duderstadt and Hamilton now.

Dr. Gregory Greenman
Physicist

Check the syllabi

http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Nuclear-Engineering/index.htm

What textbooks are required for MIT Nuclear Engineering students?

The specific textbooks required for MIT Nuclear Engineering students may vary depending on the courses they are taking. It is best to consult the syllabus for each course to determine the required textbooks.

Where can I purchase textbooks for MIT Nuclear Engineering courses?

Textbooks can be purchased from the MIT Coop bookstore, the MIT Press bookstore, and other bookstores in the area. They may also be available for purchase or rental online through websites such as Amazon or Chegg.

Can I borrow textbooks from the MIT library?

Yes, MIT students have access to the MIT libraries and can borrow textbooks as well as other resources for their courses. However, availability may be limited, so it is recommended to purchase or rent textbooks as needed.

Are there any online resources available for MIT Nuclear Engineering textbooks?

Yes, there are some online resources available for MIT Nuclear Engineering textbooks. The MIT Press offers e-book versions of some textbooks, and there are also websites that offer digital versions of textbooks for purchase or rental.

Do I need to purchase textbooks for every course as an MIT Nuclear Engineering student?

It is recommended to purchase or rent textbooks for each course, as they are important resources for learning and completing assignments. However, some courses may use open-source or freely available materials, so it is best to check the syllabus for each course to determine the required materials.