Has Anyone Played Mount and Blade and Experienced Its Combat System?

• Thread starter FUNKER
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the game Mount and Blade. The participants discuss their thoughts on the game's combat engine and trade system, as well as the addition of castles in the game's beta testing. The overall impression is that the combat engine is the highlight of the game, while other features may seem unnecessary but still enjoyable.
FUNKER
has anybody played the game

Mount and Blade?
Let me know your thoughts if you have

Physics news on Phys.org
haha funny you ask, I've just gotten back into it the other day - fantastic combat engine with a seemingly pointless trade system etc etc.

basically my impression is that the game is the combat engine with a bunch of stuff tacked on - but its incredibly fun non the less!

www.taleworlds.com for those that are out of the loop =)

the Combat is sooo rad, when do you reckon they will take it out of Beta testing?
The last time i played it there were no castles, what is with them?

1. What is "Mount and Blade"?

"Mount and Blade" is a medieval action role-playing game developed by TaleWorlds Entertainment. It allows players to create their own character and engage in various activities such as fighting in battles, managing armies, and completing quests in a vast open-world setting.

2. What are the main features of "Mount and Blade"?

The main features of "Mount and Blade" include a sandbox-style gameplay, where players have the freedom to choose their own path and make their own decisions. It also has a realistic medieval combat system, where players can use a variety of weapons and engage in battles with large numbers of troops. Additionally, the game has a deep character customization and progression system, as well as a dynamic economy and political system.

3. Is "Mount and Blade" historically accurate?

While "Mount and Blade" is set in a medieval setting and features some historical characters, it is not entirely historically accurate. The game takes some liberties with historical events and characters for the sake of gameplay and storytelling.

4. Can "Mount and Blade" be played online?

Yes, "Mount and Blade" has a multiplayer mode where players can engage in battles and compete against each other. There are also various mods and custom servers that offer different gameplay experiences.

5. Is "Mount and Blade" suitable for all ages?

The game is rated M for Mature, so it is not suitable for young children. It contains violence, blood, and some mature themes. Parents should use their discretion when allowing their children to play this game.