Getting Started with Maxwell 3D (ANSOFT)

In summary: You can also use magnetic fields to excite the coil, set up fields in Maxwell 3D (in 'fields' tab -> add -> external -> select your coil).I hope this helps, if not feel free to ask more questions.Thanks in advance!Hello, I need help with a problem with my electromagnetic simulation. I have successfully created a model of a coil, with 5 layers and 354 turns, but when I try to simulate the coil, I get the following message: "There is no solution data to display". I have tried five times to run the simulation, and the results are always the same. I am using Maxwell 13 for 3D modeling. Can you help me?
Hi friends,
I am designing a 3D model of a one-phase core-type transformer in ANSOFT MAXWELL 16.0. I have a big problem in winding's excitation.

In my transformer:
N1=turns of High Voltage Winding = 88 turns (44 turns in 2 layers that every layer including 2 parallel tape),
N2=turns of Low Voltage Winding = 46 turns (46 turns in 1 layers that every layer including 4 parallel tape),

My questions are:

Q1: For External excitation, I do not know: what is "Number of parallel branches" in my design?

Q2: In assign excitation ----> coil terminal excitation, What is the "Number of conductors" in my design?

THANKS A LOT all.

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
comet said:
Hi friends,
I am designing a 3D model of a one-phase core-type transformer in ANSOFT MAXWELL 16.0. I have a big problem in winding's excitation.

In my transformer:
N1=turns of High Voltage Winding = 88 turns (44 turns in 2 layers that every layer including 2 parallel tape),
N2=turns of Low Voltage Winding = 46 turns (46 turns in 1 layers that every layer including 4 parallel tape),

My questions are:

Q1: For External excitation, I do not know: what is "Number of parallel branches" in my design?

Q2: In assign excitation ----> coil terminal excitation, What is the "Number of conductors" in my design?

THANKS A LOT all.

Hi
I believe you have to set conductor in primery 176 and nubmber of parallel branches 2.
And in secondary number of branchea 4 abd 184 conductor

Or ignore parallel branches and set 88, 1 , 46,1 respectively and just consider the true resistance for parallel coils .
Dear all . If I can help you on ansys maxwell specially on rotational machines please contact me on whatsapp or telwgram with +989379371182

zand1000 said:
Hi
I believe you have to set conductor in primery 176 and nubmber of parallel branches 2.
And in secondary number of branchea 4 abd 184 conductor

Or ignore parallel branches and set 88, 1 , 46,1 respectively and just consider the true resistance for parallel coils .
Dear all . If I can help you on ansys maxwell specially on rotational machines please contact me on whatsapp or telwgram with +989379371182
Thanks a lot.
For "consider the true resistance for parallel coils", If I select the material of winding (such as: copper) in maxwell, It is enough?
or I should be add a resistor in external circuit?

Fuxue Jin said:
Menu Maxwell Circuit -> Export Netlist

Hi Dear,
In my transformer:
My questions are:
THANKS A LOT.

HamidMazaheri said:
Hello every buddy.
I've modeled a linear induction motor in Maxwell3D. Selecting the "Translation Motion Type" in "Motion Setup", I face the following set of errors:
Maxwell3DDesign1 (Transient)
[error] Invalid moving objects. All moving objects inside band must form single connected region. (2:36:21 PM Nov 14, 2016)
[error] Motion setup (geometry) is not valid. (2:36:21 PM Nov 14, 2016)

These errors occur only in translation motion.
I'll be grateful if anyone helps me.
Hi. I also faced the same problem with you. Can i know did you solved your problem because i am new in translation motion type. If you already solved the problem, may I know what are the solutions that you made. I'm so grateful if you can help me because i really don't have any idea on how to solve it. Thank you in advance

aishahzuki said:
Hi. I also faced the same problem with you. Can i know did you solved your problem because i am new in translation motion type. If you already solved the problem, may I know what are the solutions that you made. I'm so grateful if you can help me because i really don't have any idea on how to solve it. Thank you in advance

[error] Invalid moving objects. All moving objects inside band must form single connected region. (2:36:21 PM Nov 14, 2016)
This means, that moving/rotating element must be contained in single element i.e. rotor must be contained in a circle slightly larger than rotor outer diameter (circle for 2D simulation, obviously). Example: in case of a induction motor when rotor has outer diameter of 100 mm while stator has inner diameter of 102 mm you need to draw a circle (in case of 2D sim.) of 101 mm (centered with rotor).