Planetary Alignment: Will It Affect Us?

In summary, There is no planetary alignment in 2012 and nothing will happen. Some are discussing a sun alignment with the galactic center, but this topic is banned and all threads on it are locked. It is not worth discussing for the next 4 years.
remix220
Ok. Let me start off by saying I don't believe 2012 is the end of everything. :rofl:
However, I have heard about this "planetary alignment" that is suppose to take place. Apparently, scientists have said that either they don't know what affect this will have on us, or that everyone is just getting hyped up, and that nothing will happen.
I am unsure and I don't feel like google'ing it, and end up with some half-a** 2012 answer.

Will this affect any gravitational pull or something like that?
Please help explain. XD​

Astronomy news on Phys.org
There is no planetary alignment. Nothing will happen.

There is no planetary alignment in 2012. Some are talking about the sun aligning with the galactic center, which isn't happening either. Do a search for it on this forum, but fyi, the topic is banned and all threads on it get locked. We don't need to be discussing the same crackpottery over and over and over for the next 4 years.

1. How does planetary alignment affect us?

The alignment of planets does not directly affect humans on Earth. While planetary alignment can create a visually stunning event in the night sky, it has no significant impact on our daily lives or the Earth's environment.

2. Will planetary alignment cause natural disasters or extreme weather?

No, there is no scientific evidence to suggest that planetary alignment can cause natural disasters or extreme weather events. The gravitational pull of planets is too weak to have any significant impact on Earth's weather patterns.

3. Can we predict when the next planetary alignment will happen?

Yes, we can predict when the next planetary alignment will occur. Astronomers use mathematical models and observations to accurately predict the positions of planets in our solar system. However, these alignments do not happen frequently and are not a cause for concern.

4. Is planetary alignment related to astrology or horoscopes?

No, planetary alignment is a scientific phenomenon that has no connection to astrology or horoscopes. Astrology is based on the belief that the alignment of planets at the time of one's birth can influence their personality and future, but this has been widely debunked by the scientific community.

5. Can planetary alignment affect our technology?

No, planetary alignment does not have any impact on our technology. Our modern technology is not affected by the gravitational pull of planets, and any minor changes in Earth's magnetic field during a planetary alignment are not significant enough to affect our devices.