My post was hijacked and my account suspended

• Thread starter Thomas2
  • Start date
In summary, the original poster's post was moved to a new thread and their account was suspended without any warning or explanation. Their charges of libel are laughable. Besides, their posts were moved intact with no changes, meaning their charges of libel are also laughable. Furthermore, they were explicitly responding to a previous post and their account was not banned from PF2.
Thomas2
A few days ago I was shocked to find that one of my posts had been taken out of the thread 'time dilation' (https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3498) and had started a new life as a thread 'Logical Errors' (https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3623). What's more, my account (Thomas) has been disabled without any notice and explanation, and I am therefore not even able to comment on it anymore.
Whoever did this should ask himself some serious questions regards the legality of his actions. Not only are they extremely offensive but could even be considered as libellous, as, contrary to the appearance, I did not start any thread called 'Logical Errors'. It was started by somebody who stole one of my posts and pretended to be me.
Board terrorism of any kind should not be acceptable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
To repeat what I've already said in the other thread:

Your posts were merely split off to start a new thread by the mentor as he felt that they were de-railing the original thread. No one was "pretending to be you".

Also, since your posts were moved intact, and with no changes, your charges of libel are laughable.

Besides, when you registered(twice now), you agreed to the forum rules when you clicked the "I agree" button. These rules state :
"The owners of Physics Forums have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

Originally posted by Janus
To repeat what I've already said in the other thread:

Your posts were merely split off to start a new thread by the mentor as he felt that they were de-railing the original thread. No one was "pretending to be you".

Also, since your posts were moved intact, and with no changes, your charges of libel are laughable.

Besides, when you registered(twice now), you agreed to the forum rules when you clicked the "I agree" button. These rules state :
"The owners of Physics Forums have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

I am afraid your assertions don't make any sense in the light of the fact that my account was suspended without any warning.
Also, only the one post and not the whole thread was moved, and my post was therefore taken out of context.
Anyway, I can't see how it can be seen as a derailing of a thread when I was explicitly responding to a previous post (Ahrkron's).

Last edited:
Originally posted by Thomas2
I am afraid your assertions don't make any sense in the light of the fact that my account was suspended without any warning.
Also, only the one post and not the whole thread was moved, and my post was therefore taken out of context.
Anyway, I can't see how it can be seen as a derailing of a thread when I was explicitly responding to a previous post (Ahrkron's).

Your account suspension and the splitting of the thread are two separate issues, one was the decision of the Admin, the other the Mentor.

It is the mentor's prerogative to split/move posts wherever and whenever they feel it necessary.

It is also the admin's prerogative to refuse service to anyone.

Originally posted by Greg Bernhardt
Thomas, you were banned from PF2. That still carries over to PF3.
This is absolutely untrue. I was at no point banned from PF2 and I wasn't banned from PF3 before last weekend, and anyway, I did not receive any warning or explanation and have therefore no idea whatsoever what could be the reason.

Stay within mainstream academic science outside theory dev and then we'll have no problems.

Stay within mainstream academic science outside theory dev and then we'll have no problems.

What does this mean ? Is one not even allowed anymore to critically examine claims of mainstream science. I did not at all suggest any new theories but only pointed out what in my opinion is a logical flaw in the theory of time dilation and how corresponding experiments could instead be explained (in terms of conventional physics).
If my arguments were unfounded, then they should have been refuted on equal terms, but not by moving the post and suspending my account.
In any case, by posting my views I do not force anybody else to adopt these, and it should not be a crime to inspire people to do their own thinking rather than repeat dogmatic views without reflecting on them.

As far as I am aware, there were no problems before Integral moved the post and I can't see how there could have been any had he left it in place. Contrary to what Integral claims, my post was thematically well within the original topic.

Last edited:
What does this mean ? Is one not even allowed anymore to critically examine claims of mainstream science. I did not at all suggest any new theories but only pointed out what in my opinion is a logical flaw in the theory of time dilation and how corresponding experiments could instead be explained (in terms of conventional physics).
If my arguments were unfounded, then they should have been refuted on equal terms, but not by moving the post and suspending my account.
In any case, by posting my views I do not force anybody else to adopt these, and it should not be a crime to inspire people to do their own thinking rather than repeat dogmatic views without reflecting on them.

As far as I am aware, there were no problems before Integral moved the post and I can't see how there could have been any had he left it in place. Contrary to what Integral claims, my post was thematically well within the original topic.

It means, if you can't find it in a college physics text, don't post it in places other than theory dev. This general forums direction is one of understanding and the continuation of already present theories. Thomas, you are not some new member. You've been delt with before.

It means, if you can't find it in a college physics text, don't post it in places other than theory dev. This general forums direction is one of understanding and the continuation of already present theories
I thought this was a discussion forum and not a school class.
My suggestion is: make free speach the default and create a separate forum where only politically correct views are allowed.
This should keep everybody happy (and presumably it would save you and the mentors a lot of work and trouble).

I thought this was a discussion forum and not a school class.
My suggestion is: make free speach the default and create a separate forum where only politically correct views are allowed.
This should keep everybody happy (and presumably it would save you and the mentors a lot of work and trouble).

Look,if you don't like the way this board is run, the solution is simple; just don't patronize it.

1. What does it mean when my post was hijacked?

Hijacking a post means that someone else has taken control of your account and posted something without your knowledge or permission.

2. How can I tell if my post was hijacked?

If you notice that a post has been made from your account that you did not create, or if you are unable to access your account, it is likely that your post was hijacked.

3. Why would someone hijack my post?

There are a few reasons why someone might hijack your post. It could be an attempt to spread spam or malicious content, or it could be an attempt to gain access to your account for personal gain.

4. What should I do if my post was hijacked?

If your post was hijacked, you should immediately change your account password and enable any security measures, such as two-factor authentication, to prevent future hijackings. You should also report the hijacking to the platform or website where it occurred.

5. Why was my account suspended after my post was hijacked?

If your account was suspended after a post hijacking, it is likely because the platform or website has a policy against hijacking and considers it a violation of their terms of service. In some cases, they may temporarily suspend your account while they investigate the incident.