Therefore,\begin{align}\frac{dT_i}{T_i} &= 3.73\frac{dr_s}{r_s} \end{align}

In summary, by solving for the derivative of T_i with respect to r_s and applying ln, we can show that \frac{dT_i}{T_i} = 3.73\frac{dr_s}{r_s}.
Je m'appelle

Homework Statement

In a few words, show that

[tex]\frac{dT_i}{T_i} = 3,73\frac{dr_s}{r_s}[/tex]

Where,

[tex]r_s = \lim_{P_i\rightarrow 0}\frac{P_s}{P_i} [/tex]

There's a picture below for more details.

Homework Equations

[tex]T_i = \frac{100}{r_s - 1} [/tex]

The Attempt at a Solution

So I tried this,

[tex]T_i = \frac{100}{r_s - 1} [/tex]

Applying 'ln' to both sides,

[tex]ln(T_i) = ln(\frac{100}{r_s - 1}) [/tex]

And then deriving both sides by [tex]\frac{d}{dr_s}[/tex], as [tex]T_i[/tex] is a function of [tex]r_s[/tex] (right?) I get to

[tex]\frac{1}{T_i}\frac{dT_i}{dr_s} = \frac{r_s - 1}{100}\frac{-100}{(r_s - 1)^2}\frac{dr_s}{dr_s} [/tex]

[tex]\frac{1}{T_i}\frac{dT_i}{dr_s} = \frac{-1}{r_s - 1} [/tex]

[tex]\frac{1}{T_i}\frac{dT_i}{dr_s} = \frac{1}{1 - r_s} [/tex]

[tex]\frac{dT_i}{T_i} = \frac{dr_s}{1 - r_s} [/tex]

Where

[tex]r_s = \lim_{P_i\rightarrow 0} (\frac{P_s}{P_i}) [/tex]But this looks completely nonsense when comparing to what I was asked to prove in the first place.

I should have gotten to something like

[tex]\frac{dT_i}{T_i} = 3,73\frac{dr_s}{r_s}[/tex]

But instead I got to

[tex]\frac{dT_i}{T_i} = \frac{dr_s}{1 - r_s} [/tex]

Thoughts?

Attachments

• thermo.jpg
    thermo.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
A:Let's solve it in a different way.\begin{align}T_i &= \frac{100}{r_s - 1} \\\frac{dT_i}{dr_s} &= \frac{-100}{(r_s - 1)^2}\\\frac{dT_i}{T_i} &= \frac{dT_i}{dr_s}\frac{dr_s}{T_i} = \frac{-100}{(r_s - 1)^2}\frac{dr_s}{\frac{100}{r_s - 1}}\\&= -(r_s - 1)\frac{dr_s}{r_s}\\&= -3.73\frac{dr_s}{r_s}\end{align}So,\begin{align}\frac{dT_i}{T_i} &= -3.73\frac{dr_s}{r_s}\\\frac{dT_i}{T_i} + 3.73\frac{dr_s}{r_s} &= 0\end{align}

What is thermo. Relative Error?

Thermo. Relative Error is a measurement used in thermodynamics to quantify the difference between an actual value and an expected value in relation to the expected value. It is expressed as a percentage and is used to assess the accuracy and precision of a measurement.

How is thermo. Relative Error calculated?

Thermo. Relative Error is calculated by taking the absolute value of the difference between the actual value and the expected value, dividing it by the expected value, and then multiplying by 100 to get the percentage. The formula is: (|actual value - expected value| / expected value) * 100

What is the difference between thermo. Relative Error and thermo. Absolute Error?

Thermo. Relative Error takes into account the expected value and expresses the difference as a percentage, while thermo. Absolute Error only looks at the difference between the actual and expected values. Thermo. Relative Error is more useful for comparing the accuracy of measurements with different units or scales, while thermo. Absolute Error is more useful for assessing the precision of a measurement.

How does thermo. Relative Error affect scientific experiments?

Thermo. Relative Error is an important factor in determining the validity and reliability of scientific experiments. A high thermo. Relative Error may indicate that there are systematic errors in the experiment or that the instruments used are not precise. It is important to minimize thermo. Relative Error to ensure accurate and reliable results.

How can thermo. Relative Error be reduced?

Thermo. Relative Error can be reduced by using more precise instruments, taking multiple measurements and averaging them, and ensuring that all sources of systematic error are identified and minimized. It is also important to properly calibrate instruments and follow proper experimental procedures to reduce thermo. Relative Error.