Book with problems about Torque

In summary, you are having trouble understanding the material because there is a big gap between the problems in your book and the ones you are given in class. You might want to ask your teacher for help.
Jimmy84
I have exam about Torque soon and I don't have where to study from since most of books don't get detailed with this subject in my class we are dedicating a great deal to it. I wish to know if anyone can tell me where can I find problems with the solutions and books that talk about torque. I tried serway and sears zemansky but they have almost like 10 vague problems about it. My teacher adviced me Bueches Physics for engeeniers but I wasent able to find the book online any recommendation and any advice on where can I find books or material about it would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Any advice? please

Why are you having an exam on torque if your book doesn't have any good info on it?

You won't find a whole book in torque or moments. It's not a big area, and doesn't take a lot to revise/learn anyway.

The exam would be about torque and other subjects but I can't solve all the practices and homeworks we had to do. I just hope to find a book that has some good problems about it The homework and practiced I had were nothing like what I have seen on Serway and Sears and those books only dedicate about 10 problems to torque which are nothing like the ones I have to solve. I am not looking for a book on torque just some reeference for a book that treats the subject with greater length than Serway and Sears since I can't get arround any of these problems from the homework on my own.

Drakkith said:
Why are you having an exam on torque if your book doesn't have any good info on it?

The teacher just gave us the subjects, she gave me a reference from Bueches Physics for scientists but I wasent able to find it anywhere. I tend to learn physics mainly by solving a lot of problems and I feel confident and confortable for the exam after that but I am having a tough time thinking that there are no books that have good problems about torque. I need some reference please I have been downloading any physics textbook I was able to think about but I found nothing.

Why can't you solve the problems from your book? What is it exactly that you are having a problem with?

Jimmy84 said:
The teacher just gave us the subjects, she gave me a reference from Bueches Physics for scientists but I wasent able to find it anywhere. I tend to learn physics mainly by solving a lot of problems and I feel confident and confortable for the exam after that but I am having a tough time thinking that there are no books that have good problems about torque. I need some reference please I have been downloading any physics textbook I was able to think about but I found nothing.

That is a really good way to get good exam marks, but an absolutely terrible way to understand physical concepts.

You need to go teacher and say you don't understand the material, not look for more problems to solve.

I don't have a specific book in mind, but you might consider looking at books on Engineering Mechanics, rather than Physics, for a more detailed treatment of torque.

Drakkith said:
Why can't you solve the problems from your book? What is it exactly that you are having a problem with?

I ve solved all the problems about the subject on Serway and Sears Zemansky but there is a bigger gap between those problems and the ones I am gaven in class.

xxChrisxx said:
That is a really good way to get good exam marks, but an absolutely terrible way to understand physical concepts.

You need to go teacher and say you don't understand the material, not look for more problems to solve.

That depends sometimes teachers put you on this situation where you have to study fast without having time to sit and have a good understanding of the material. On the other hand when I have a decend understanding of a subject then I feel that I fill gaps of the theory by solving all or most of the problems in the book.

Jimmy84 said:
I ve solved all the problems about the subject on Serway and Sears Zemansky but there is a bigger gap between those problems and the ones I am gaven in class.

Ah ok I see. Well, I would suggest posting some of your problems in the Homework section and seeing if someone can help you.

1. What is torque?

Torque is a measure of the rotational force applied to an object. It is calculated by multiplying the force applied by the distance from the axis of rotation.

2. Why is torque important?

Torque is important because it is what allows us to change the rotational motion of an object. It is essential in many everyday tasks, such as driving a car or using a wrench to tighten a bolt.

3. How is torque related to force and distance?

Torque is directly proportional to both force and distance. This means that if either the force or the distance is increased, the torque will also increase.

4. What are some common problems involving torque?

Some common problems involving torque include calculating the torque needed to rotate an object, determining the force needed to achieve a certain torque, and finding the distance from the axis of rotation for a given torque.

5. How can I improve my understanding of torque?

To improve your understanding of torque, it is helpful to practice solving problems involving torque and to familiarize yourself with the different formulas and units used in torque calculations. You can also read books or watch videos on the subject to deepen your knowledge.