Superscript citation package not working

• Thread starter SoggyBottoms
  • Start date
In summary, there may be a few reasons why your superscript citation package is not working, including errors in the coding, compatibility issues, or problems with the citation style. To fix the issue, you can check for updates, switch to a different package or style, and ensure your software is up to date. While it is possible to manually add superscript citations, it is recommended to use a package for accuracy and consistency. There are specific formatting guidelines for superscript citations, and it is possible to have multiple citations in one sentence as long as they are formatted correctly.
SoggyBottoms
I have the following document:

Code:
\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage[superscript]{cite}

\begin{document}

Super important stuff \cite{1}.

\begin{thebibliography}

\bibitem{1} Citation

\end{document}

I don't get superscripted citations however, they just stay in-line. Also, I can't add or remove anything in my document until I remove the \usepackage[superscript]{cite}
preamble. If I don't then it just keeps building the same file I have above. What is wrong?

Physics news on Phys.org
Anyone have any idea? I still can't get it to work.

1. Why is my superscript citation package not working?

There could be a few reasons for this. One possibility is that there is an error in the coding of the package itself. Another possibility is that the package is not compatible with your current software or operating system. It is also possible that there is an issue with the specific citation style you are trying to use.

2. How can I fix my superscript citation package?

The first step would be to check for any updates or bug fixes for the package. If there are none available, you may need to switch to a different citation package or use a different citation style. It is also important to make sure that your software and operating system are up to date and compatible with the package you are using.

3. Can I still use superscript citations without a package?

Yes, it is possible to manually add superscript citations without a package. However, this can be time-consuming and may not be as accurate or consistent as using a citation package. It is recommended to use a package if possible.

4. Is there a specific way to format superscript citations?

Yes, there are specific formatting guidelines for superscript citations depending on the citation style you are using. It is important to follow these guidelines to ensure your citations are accurate and consistent. Most citation packages will automatically format the citations correctly, but it is always a good idea to double check.

5. Can I use multiple superscript citations in one sentence?

Yes, it is possible to have multiple superscript citations in one sentence. However, it is important to make sure they are correctly formatted and that the superscript numbers are in the correct order. Some citation packages may automatically format multiple citations, but it is always a good idea to double check.