Guidance for Pursuing a Dual Career as a Pilot and Theoretical Physicist

• Thread starter whatzzupboy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Future
In summary, the individual is seeking advice on how to become both a pilot for the Air Force and a theoretical physicist. It is suggested that they attend the Air Force Academy if they want to pursue both. Additionally, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach, FL is recommended for its highly regarded flight and engineering physics programs. The individual's desire to plan ahead and set themselves up for success is also noted.
whatzzupboy
can anybody give me an idea on what i should do since i want to become a pilot for the aorforce and a theoretical physicist?

Physics news on Phys.org
Wait, you mean both, or either or?

I would advise the Air Force Academy if you mean both.

If you love both, I would certainly do both.

This is completely doable.

Note: If you asked "Can I be a Theoritical Physicist, Chemist, Biologist, Mathematician, Engineer and Musician?", than no. Yes, people do ask that question.

On the first day of our freshman year engineering physics intro class, my friend Bill told the Intro class that he wanted to get a commercial pilot license while he was doing the engineering degree. Everbody laughed because they assumed the EP program was too difficult as it was...

He did, in fact, finish with a degree in aerospace engineering and his commercial multi-engine pilot license.

ok what college would yall suggest since I am only a freshman in high school i figure why not try to set my self up to look good when i apply that's why I am asking now

franznietzsche said:
Wait, you mean both, or either or?

I would advise the Air Force Academy if you mean both.

Since you didn't read it and asked again.

I would suggest Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach, FL...they have one of the most respected flight programs in the country, and the engineering physics and space physics programs are very good, as well.

On a side note, their aerospace engineering program has been around number 1 in the country for the past several years among universities that don't offer PhD's.

www.erau.edu

1. What steps can I take to plan for my future?

To plan for your future, you can start by setting clear goals and creating a timeline to achieve them. You can also research different career paths and education options that align with your interests and skills. It's also important to develop good time management and organization skills to help you stay on track.

2. How can I figure out what career is right for me?

One way to figure out what career is right for you is to take career assessments or personality tests to identify your strengths and interests. You can also shadow professionals in different fields or intern to gain hands-on experience and see what type of work environment you enjoy. Networking and talking to people in different industries can also provide valuable insights.

3. Is it necessary to have a specific career goal in mind?

Having a specific career goal can be helpful, but it's not always necessary. It's okay to explore different options and try out different jobs to figure out what you enjoy. It's also important to keep an open mind and be flexible as your interests and goals may change over time.

4. How can I overcome obstacles and challenges in achieving my goals?

Obstacles and challenges are a natural part of any journey, including planning for your future. It's important to stay resilient and adaptable, and to seek support and guidance from mentors, family, friends, or professionals. Don't be afraid to ask for help or make adjustments to your plan as needed.

5. What resources are available to help me plan for my future?

There are many resources available to help you plan for your future, such as career counseling services, online career exploration tools, and educational programs. You can also reach out to professionals in your field of interest for advice and guidance. Additionally, there are numerous books, articles, and workshops that offer tips and strategies for planning for your future.